ALBANY, New York, February 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research "Sports Nutrition Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019," the global sports nutrition market was valued at USD 20.7 billion in 2012 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.0% from 2013 to 2019, to reach an estimated value of USD 37.7 billion in 2019.
Browse Global Sports Nutrition Market Report with Full TOC at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sports-nutrition-market.html
Increasing health awareness and changing consumer groups are the major growth drivers for the global Sports Nutrition market. Traditionally, bodybuilders and athletes were the only consumers for sports nutrition products. In recent years, new user groups (recreational and lifestyle users) have increased their market share. Furthermore, changing consumer preferences and expansion of distribution channels are other growth inhibitors for the industry. Developed regions such as the U.S. and countries in Europe have been the dominant market shareholders. However, as consumers in developing nations are increasingly spending their income on health and health related products, these economies are expected to pose a serious challenge to the supremacy of developed economies. Organizing high profile sports events in these countries is further expected to escalate the demand for sports nutritional products in these markets.
The sports nutrition market is bifurcated into three segments: Sports Food, Sports Drinks and Sports Supplements. Sports Drinks was the largest segment; it increased to USD 12,435.4 million in 2012, up 7.3% over 2011. The U.S. is the world's largest consumer base for Sports Drinks. Other major markets are the U.K., Germany and Italy. Major growth drivers of the sports nutrition market in the U.S. are increasing lifestyle users and changing consumer behavior towards new sports nutrition product formats such as ready-to-drink and energy bars. Sports nutrition product distribution is slowly shifting from gym and health stores to supermarkets as the preferred distribution channel. Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market for sports nutrition products. The sports nutrition market is well established in countries such as Japan, China and Australia. The main reason behind the growth of the sports nutrition market in Asia Pacific is increasing awareness about healthy living. Some of the major companies operating in the market are Maxinutrition, Glanbia, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola and Clif Bar & Company.
Related & Recently Published Reports by Transparency Market Research
- Flexible Packaging Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/flexible-packaging-industry.html
- Electronic Recycling Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/electronics-recycling-market.html
- Pulmonary Drug Delivery Systems Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pulmonary-drug-delivery-systems.html
- Sports Medicine Devices Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sports-medicine-device-market.html
- Defibrillators Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/defibrillators-market.html
- Polypropylene Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/polypropylene-market.html
- Distribution Automation Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/distribution-automation-market.html
- Aerial Imaging Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/aerial-imagery-market.html
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/continuous-glucose-monitoring.html
- Industrial Protective Footwear Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/industrial-protective-footwear.html
The Sports nutrition market is segmented as follows:
Sports Nutrition Market, By Product Segment
- Sports Food
- Sports Drinks
- Sports Supplements
Sports Nutrition Market, By Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Browse all Food & Beverages Market Research Reports @ http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/food-beverages-market-reports-4.html
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. We are privileged with highly experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, who use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453