DUBLIN, Dec. 08, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qd7rkr/global_roaming) has announced the addition of the "Global Roaming Tariff Tracker" report to their offering.
The Global Roaming Tariff Tracker is a subscription service published 4 times a year (January, April, July & October) and provides an excel-based database of voice, SMS & mobile data roaming from 90 MNOs worldwide in 64 countries updated every quarter.
Pricing is shown in local currencies, USD and Euro. With each edition the author provides a PDF summary of new roaming products and pricing since the last quarter period.
Roaming prices have confronted criticism in recent years and are undergoing significant changes at this present time. The European Commission has imposed regulation to the pricing of voice roaming charges and it saw the introduction of capped wholesale and retail voice prices for calls made within the EU on 30th August 2007, followed by capped SMS prices in July 2009 and wholesale and retail data prices also with further prices changes each year thereafter including SMS.
Roaming especially in the consumer market has been perceived as complex and expensive, despite operators having moved to attractive on-net pricing and easier-to-understand pricing structures, roaming prices often still hit the headlines with users especially when using data, receive invoices of high amounts.
Findings reveal that offerings have increased through the launch of bundles and special schemes for both voice and data services. Both voice and data calls price changes have been mainly downward with some operators increasing rates to non-European destinations. Operators continue to seek to introduce innovative offers to help for the compensation of the potential loss in revenue from the imposed regulation.
Services (both postpaid and prepaid) and prices covered include:
Default (standard roaming) prices for:
- Calling back home
- Calling within a country
- Receiving a call
- Sending an SMS
- Accessing the Internet
- Details of Zoning
Pricing details of bundled offerings:
- Voice Bundles: (Cost, Validity, inclusive allowance, inside and outside the bundle price and comments)
- Data Bundles: (Cost, Validity, inclusive allowance, inside and outside the bundle price and comments)
- Integrated Bundles: (Cost, Validity, inclusive allowances (Voice, SMS, Data) and comments)
Key highlights include:
- 86 Service Providers across 60 countries, and continuously adding
- Default Voice and data tariffs plus the bundled offers available all presented in Excel in local currency, Euros and US Dollars.
- Easy comparison by type of bundle, cost per bundle, cost per minute, cost per SMS etc.
- Trends & Analysis Report with tables and charts sent out with each quarterly update.
Who should subscribe to this service
- Mobile, Wireless Internet and Satellite Providers and Operators
- Software and Equipment Vendors
- Supplier organizations
- Regulatory Bodies
- Investors, Venture Capital Companies, Financial Service Companies
Deliverables: 4 issues (in Excel) per annum & 4 summary reports
Coverage: 86 operators in 60 countries
Special Promotion valid until 15th December 2014:
Any orders placed for the Global Roaming Tariff Tracker will also receive a complimentary copy of the three published Tariff Trends to-date, see below:
- Tariff Trends SnapShot Issue Number 1 - Roaming
- Tariff Trends SnapShot Issue Number 19 (update on roaming trends)
- Tariff Trends SnapShot Issue Number 33 Latest on Roaming and IDD bundles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qd7rkr/global_roaming
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets