The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2016 through 2024. Also, a five-year historic analysis is provided for these markets. Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Renewable Chemicals in US$ Million by the following Product and End-Use Segments:
Food & Beverage
Garments & Textiles
The report profiles 109 companies including many key and niche players such as:
Archer Daniels Midland Company
DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products Company, LLC
Eastman Chemicals Company
Elevance Renewable Sciences, Inc.
Evonik Industries AG
GreenField Ethanol, Inc.
PureVision Technology Inc.
Renewable Energy Group, Inc.
Rivertop Renewables, Inc.
Royal DSM NV
Key Topics Covered:
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW Renewable Chemicals: Eco-Friendly, Sustainable and Clean Alternatives to Conventional Chemicals Towards a Green Chemical Industry: Tremendous Growth Opportunities for Renewable Chemicals Commercially Produced Renewable Chemicals: Brief Description of Commercial Applications for Glycerol; Succinic Acid; 1,3 -Propanedio; 1,4-butanediol; Sodium Laureth Sulphate and Methyl Ester Sulphonate; and Fumaric Acid Europe and the US: The Largest Renewable Chemicals Markets Worldwide Industrial Biotechnology: Key Enabler of Renewable Chemicals Growth in the EU Developing Countries to Spearhead Future Growth Renewable Chemistry: A Much Sought After Research Field Factors Driving the Shift towards a Bio-Based Economy Production Scenario Renewable Chemicals: Improving GDP Growth Provides Optimistic Market Outlook Competitive Landscape Key Research Initiatives of Major Players in Select Renewable Chemicals for Various Applications: 2013-14 What Does It Take to Survive in the Marketplace? Brand Owner Leadership Drives Growth Investment Scenario in Renewable Chemicals and Industrial Biotechnology Investments: Critical for Green Development Venture Capital Investments Continue to Slowdown Standard Measurement Frameworks: A Key Requirement for Green Investment
2. MARKET TRENDS, ISSUES & DRIVERS Increasing Focus on Environment Friendly Chemicals: A Strong Growth Driver Rising Prominence of Green' Production Technologies to Boost Market Demand Biorefineries Grow in Prominence Sustainability: Order of the Day Renewable Technology Advancements: Spearheading Growth Industrial Biotechnology: The Next Generation Technology for Developing Renewable Chemicals Russian Researchers Develop Biopolymer for 3D Printing Favorable Government Policies Promote Market Penetration Regulations/Policies Supporting Bio-Based Chemicals in the US, Canada, and the EU Excessive Dependence on Crude Oil: A Fundamental Growth Driver Lignin: One of the Fastest Growing Renewable Feedstocks Increasing Usage in Aromatic Fine Chemicals Production Drives Demand for Lignin Biomass: The Largest Renewable Resource Marine Biomass Exhibits Increased Usage in Diverse Industries Algae: The Next Generation Renewable Feedstock? Biomass-to-Chemicals Conversion: Challenges to Reckon with Renewable Alcohols: The Largest Revenue Contributor Renewable Chemicals and Biofuels: Essential for Securing Future Energy Needs Ethanol Spearheads Renewable Chemicals Market Growth Global Demand for Cellulosic Ethanol Gains Momentum Renewable Methanol as Alternative Fuel: Larger Scope Biofuel Wastes: A Potential Renewable Feedstock Renewable Chemicals to Drive Future Growth in Bio-fuels Market Booming Shale Gas Extraction Benefits Market Growth Renewable Platform Chemicals Witness Robust Growth in Demand Percentage Breakdown of Dollar Sales for 1,4-Diacids, 3-Hydroxypropionic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycerol, Itaconic Acid, Levulinic Acid, Other Markets for Years 2011, 2017 & 2024 (includes corresponding Graph/Chart) Itaconic Acid: Fully Sustainable and One of the Most Promising Platform Chemicals Key Statistical Findings Succinic Acid: Renewable Chemical with Huge Market Potential Bio-Succinic Acid: Facilitating Commoditization of Renewables Cost Benefits of Bio-Succinic Acid Biosuccinic Acid Finds Application as a Chemical Building Block for Polyurethane Bio-Succinic Acid Competitive Landscape Bio-Succinic Acid Evolves as An Attractive market for Chemical Companies Synthetic Biology Gains Significance in Production of Bio- Based Chemicals and Biofuels Contribution of Synthetic Biology to Renewable Chemicals Synthetic Biology Products with Future Commercial Potential: Brief Description of Application, Product and Companies Involved Synthesis of Acetic Acid from Bio-based Materials Gathers Momentum Bio-Epichlorohydrin: A Niche Renewable Chemical Biocatalysts Witness Greater Demand from Chemistry Related Industries Spiraling Demand for Renewable Polymers Strengthens Market Prospects Biodegradable Polymers: An Economically Viable Substitute for Conventional Polymers Starch: An Omnipresent Ingredient Starch in Green Products Bioplastics Fast Replacing Conventional Petrochemical Based Plastics Acetic Acid: The Green Building Blocks of Eco-friendly Plastics Biodegradable and Compostable Plastics Fuel Demand for Renewable Chemicals Demand for Eco-Friendly Materials Boost Growth in Bio-Based Construction Polymers Market Bio-based Polyurethane (PU) Market Gaining Momentum over Conventional PU Key Challenges & Issues Hampering Widespread Adoption of Renewable Chemicals A Straight Talk about the Market's Future Renewable Chemicals: An Uphill Task for Producers Market Barriers Cost Competition from Traditional Sources Lack of Smooth B2B Integration Restrains Market Growth Carbon Capture Rising Concerns over Natural Resource Depletion May Eclipse Renewable Projects High Costs of Commercialization Barriers to Commercialization at Different Levels
3. END-USE APPLICATION INDUSTRIES: A MACRO PERSPECTIVE Rising Automotive Production to Propel Demand for Renewable Chemicals Breakdown of Production Figures in Thousand Units by Geographic Region (includes corresponding Graph/Chart) Rubber Manufacturing: Emerging Application Area for Renewable Chemicals Demand for Renewable Chemicals from Consumer Healthcare Sector Goes Up Positive Outlook for the Healthcare Industry Signals Prospects Food Industry Shows Interest in Renewable Feedstock Renewable Chemicals Witness Increased Usage in Food Packaging Materials Renewable Chemicals Gain Acceptance in Industrial/ Manufacturing Sector Renewable Chemicals in Garments and Textiles Environment Related Applications of Renewable Chemicals Construction: An Emerging End-Use Market for Renewable Materials Green Building Concept Goes Global Recovering Construction Sector Worldwide to Spur Market Growth Renewable Chemicals in Sporting Goods
4. PRODUCT OVERVIEW Introduction Advantages of Renewable Chemicals Renewable Chemical and the Reference Petrochemical Historical Perspective Applications of Renewable Chemicals Classification by Product Segment Renewable Alcohols Renewable Ketones Renewable Organic Acids Renewable Polymers What are the Different Feedstock Options? Sugars Starch Lignocellulose Plant Oil Other Feedstocks Renewable Chemicals Market by Class C2 Renewable Chemicals C3 Renewable Chemicals C4 Renewable Chemicals Renewable Chemicals by Class C2, C3 and C4 Key Renewable Chemicals Technologies Types of Manufacturing Processes Fermentation of Sugar and Starch Crops Lignocellosic Biomass Fermentation Biotechnological Process Thermochemical Process Synthetic Process Hybrid Process Platform Chemicals: A Key Segment Biochemicals Polymers: A Key End-Use Methods of Deriving Bio-Polymers Types of Biodegradable Polymers
5. PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS/INNOVATIONS Genomatica Launches GENO BG Biobased Process Technology Eastman Launches Eastman TREVA Engineering Bioplastic NatureWorks Unveils Ingeo Renewable Advanced Plastic Corbion Unveils Luminy PLA Bioplastics Range Green Biologics and Acme Hardesty Introduce Bio-based Esters DuPont and ADM Unveil Breakthrough Process
6. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY BASF Establishes New Biocatalyzed Acrylamide Production Facility in Nanjing Eastman Licenses FDCA to Origin Materials Enerkem Commences Commercial Production of Cellulosic Ethanol in Edmonton Eastman Gains USDA Certification for TREVA Engineering Bioplastic Greenfield Global Evaluates Expansion of Biofuel Production in Canada Croda Takes Over Enza Biotech Indian Oil and LanzaTech to Build Refinery Off Gas-to- Bioethanol Production Facility in India Sappi to Acquire Xylex and Versalac Technologies from Plaxica Avantium Inks Contract with AkzoNobel for Pilot Biorefinery Plant in Netherlands Rivertop Renewables Gains European REACH Registration for Sodium Glucarate GreenField Specialty Alcohols Adopts New Name, Greenfield Global Ineos Acquires Oil & Gas Business of Dong Energy Gevo and HCS Ink Supply Agreement for Renewable Isooctane BASF Venture Capital Invests in P2 Science Metabolix Sells Biopolymer Assets CJ CheilJedang Leaf Resources Evaluates Bio-Refinery for Renewable Chemicals Corbion and Kraton Obtain European Certification for Biobased Products Total and Corbion Form Bioplastics JV Corbion Commences Construction of PLA Bioplastics Polymerization Plant in Thailand Verdezyne Inks Distribution Agreement with Aceto for BIOLON DDDA Tesoro to Take Over Virent Enerkem Gains ISCC Certification for Biomethanol Production Plant in Edmonton ADM Announces Renewable Natural Gas Project BASF and Avantium to Establish JV for FDCA and PEF Aemetis Acquires Rights to LanzaTech's Patented Technology Verdezyne and Connell Ink Distribution Agreement Green Biologics and Caldic Ink Distribution Agreement Renewable Energy Group Takes Over Sanimax Energy Virent and Tesoro in Strategic Collaboration for Virent's BioForming Technology LanzaTech Collaborates with Global Bioenergies Versalis and Genomatica to Produce bio-BR INVISTA and LanzaTech Develop Metabolic Toolkit for Bio- derived Butadiene Production Gevo and ValvTect Collaborate for Isobutanol Fuel Blends Renewable Energy Group Takes Over Imperium Renewables BioAmber Establishes Succinic Acid Plant in Sarnia Genomatica and Cargill Enter into Collaboration Agreement for Renewable Chemical Production DuPont and NTL Ink Licensing Agreement ArcelorMittal, LanzaTech and Primetals to Build Facility for Bioethanol Production from Waste Gases Verdezyne Bags USDA Certified Biobased Certification for BIOLON Dodecanedioc Acid Verdezyne Inks Distribution Agreement with Will & Co Gevo and Alaska Airlines Sign Strategic Alliance Agreement Cargill Acquires Fermentation Technology of OPX Biotechnologies Gevo Commences Sale of Renewable Isobutanol to Brenntag Canada
7. FOCUS ON SELECT GLOBAL PLAYERS
8. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Total Companies Profiled: 109 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 116)