FELTON, California, October 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global probiotics Ingredients market size is expected to reach USD 3.56 billion by 2025 due to increasing product demand as a result of changing lifestyle and eating habits. Furthermore, rising health awareness among consumers pertaining to weight management is expected to shift their preference towards probiotics.
The U.S. Census Bureau estimated that population aged 65 years and above increased from 35 million in 2000 to 49.2 million in 2016, accounting for nearly 15.2% of total population in U.S. The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) states that more than 50% population of U.S. have vitamin D deficiency. The above mentioned trends are expected to promote consumption of probiotic-fortified food.
Increasing R&D in fiber ingredients by functional foods manufacturers is expected to open new avenues for the probiotic ingredients market. Manufacturers have developed and identified proprietary strains of probiotics for specific applications to meet different requirements of different medical conditions. For instance, Lactobacillus fermentum VRI-003 PCC and Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 are used to cure eczema. This trend of identifying probiotic strains for specific applications is also expected to boost expansion of the global market.
In terms of application, probiotics food and beverages led the global market and is expected to foresee growth as a result of increasing spending on nutritional enrichment in finished goods. The market revenue from food and beverage segment was USD 1.59 billion in 2017. It is expected to reach USD 2.81 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 7.6% over the forecast period.
Product innovation in nutritional goods including yogurt, juices, kombucha, and pickles by prominent companies, such as Danone, is projected to have a positive impact on market growth. For instance, Danone offers Activia, a probiotic drink fortified with dairy ingredients. Easy availability of probiotic foods in specialist shops, pharmacies, and supermarkets is projected to increase product awareness and promote brand image among buyers, which, in turn, will boost development of the market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Probiotics Ingredients Market Size And Forecast, By Product (Bacteria, Yeast, Spore), By Applications(Food & Beverage, Dietary Supplements), By End Use (Human, Animal) And Trend Analysis, 2015 - 2025" at: https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/probiotics-ingredients-market
Europe emerged as the largest market for probiotic ingredient in 2015 and is likely to expand further as a result of high visibility of probiotic-fortified food products in retail shops and e-commerce portals. The region generated a revenue of USD 696.3 million in 2017 and is expected to reach USD 1.23 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of around 7% over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain one of the lucrative segments over the forecast period. Significant rise in spending on incorporation of probiotic ingredients for preventive healthcare and sports nutrition by major companies including GSK and Pfizer can impel regional growth. Strong demand for probiotic ingredients from China and Japan, on account of rising consumer awareness regarding healthy metabolism and cardiovascular and gastrointestinal health is expected to bode well for global market.
Browse related reports by Hexa Research:
- Sucralose Market - The global sucralose market size was valued at USD 697.4 million in 2017. It is projected to witness a CAGR of 3.0% from 2017 to 2025 on account of rising popularity of artificial sweeteners as a low calorie functional ingredient in the nutrition sector.
- Botanical Supplements Market - The global botanical supplements market size was valued at USD 17.74 billion in 2017 and is expected to register a CAGR of over 9% over the forecast period. Rising concerns regarding the adverse effects of synthetically derived nutraceuticals are projected to augment the demand for botanical supplements.
- Prebiotics Market - The global prebiotics market size was valued at USD 3.34 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 10.0% over the forecast period. Increasing use of prebiotics in several dairy products is projected to augment the market expansion.
- Polydextrose Market - The global polydextrose market size was estimated to be USD 225.0 million in 2015. Increasing usage as dietary fiber for fortifying food supplements is projected to drive the market in the foreseeable future.
Hexa Research has segmented the global probiotics Ingredients market report based on product, application, end use and region:-
- Segmentation by Product
- Segmentation by Application
• Food & Beverages
• Dietary Supplements
• Animal Feed
- Segmentation by End-use
- Segmentation by Region
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Central & South America
• Middle East & Africa
- Key Countries Analyzed
- Key players analyzed:
• Probiotical S.p.A.
• Ganeden Inc.
• Sabinsa Corporation
• Biocodex, Inc.
• BioGaia AB.
• Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
• Danone, Inc.
• Lallemand, Inc.
• Nebraska Cultures
• Probi AB
• Allianz Biosciences Pvt. Ltd.
• Lactosan GmbH & Co. KG
• Probium, LLC
• THT s.a.
• Vitakem Nutraceutical, Inc.
• Orbit Biotech Pvt. Ltd.
• Kibow Biotech
• Calpis Co., Ltd.
• Osprey Biotechnics
• Probiotics Australia PL
• UAS Laboratories
• Qingdao Vland Biotech Group Co., Ltd.
• BJP Laboratories Pty. Ltd.
• Cell Biotech International A/S
About Hexa Research
Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Toll Free: 1-800-489-3075
SOURCE Hexa Research