FELTON, California, October 2, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global prebiotics market size is anticipated to reach USD 7.91 billion by 2025. Major factor driving this market includes high demand for prebiotics supplements owing to changing lifestyles. Prebiotic ingredients offer several health benefits as they help in maintaining the overall gut health and aid in the prevention of Gastrointestinal (GI) disorders.
There is an increasing demand for prebiotics ingredients in the food and beverages sector, specifically for the use in dairy products. Increasing R&D by key companies to introduce novel prebiotic ingredients, such as xylo-oligosaccharides (XOS), will add to the growth of this market.
Fructo-Oligosaccharide (FOS) and inulin ingredients have a high demand due to the capability of these ingredients to enhance the food texture and increasing requirement for products with low calories. On the other hand, demand for Mannan-Oligosaccharides (MOS) is rendered by the escalating demand from animal feed sector across the globe.
The global prebiotics market finds application in several industries, such as food and beverages, dietary supplements, and animal feed. Food and beverages application accounted for more than 80.0% of the global share in 2016. This growth is attributed to the extensive usage of these ingredients in dairy products followed by cereals.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Prebiotics Market Size, and Forecast By Ingredients (Inulin, FOS, MOS, GOS), By Application (Animal Feed, Dietary Supplements and, Food and Beverages), And Trend Analysis, 2014 - 2025" at: https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/prebiotics-industry
There has been an increasing trend of adding prebiotics during the production of cheese and fermented milk, which is also boosting the segment growth. Moreover, easy availability and accessibility of dairy products will further enhance the segment development over the forecast period. Europe region led the global prebiotics market, in terms of revenue and volume, in 2016.
Germany is one of the advanced countries with higher technological sophistication and rapidly growing food and beverages sector. On the other hand, Asia Pacific is anticipated to record the fastest CAGR of more than 10.2% over the forecast period. Increasing cases of lifestyle disorders is the major growth-driving factor for the Asia Pacific regional market.
Growing consumption of dairy products along with the adoption of nutritional diet by the consumers in the Asia Pacific will further boost the region's expansion. The global market is highly fragmented in nature with the presence of small- and large-scale companies. Most of the key companies are investing in product improvements and R&D activities to enhance the overall fiber content in foods.
Companies are also exploring the use of prebiotics in other emerging applications, such as pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. They are also implementing several strategies including mergers and acquisitions, research collaborations, and marketing partnerships to sustain the increasing competition. Some of the prominent companies operating in the prebiotics market are FrieslandCampina Domo; Cargill, Inc.; Beghin Meiji S.A.; Beneo-Orafti S.A; Roquette America, Inc.; and Cosucra Groupe Warcoing S.A.
Browse related reports by Hexa Research:
- Inulin Market - Global inulin market is expected to be valued at approximately USD 2.4 billion and it is projected to grow at an approximate CAGR of over 10% over the forecast period. Growing dairy industry is expected to remain a key driving factor over the forecast period of 2016 to 2024.
- Gluten Free Food Market - Gluten free food market is estimated to grow at an approximate CAGR of 10.4% from 2016 to 2024. The growing number of people suffering from celiac disease and with gluten sensitivity is one of the major factors driving the growth in the gluten free food market.
- Vitamin E Market - Vitamin E market is expected to grow at a CAGR of above 5% over the forecast period from 2016 to 2024. Vitamin E has distinct benefits on human body such as it acts as an antioxidant in the human body, neurological health, gene expression, and lipid health.
- Vegetable Oil Market - Increasing vegetable oils application in fuel production, culinary, soaps and perfume formulations is expected to drive the global market over the forecast period. Growing processed foods industry, particularly in emerging markets, is expected to drive vegetable oils consumption in the long run.
Hexa Research has segmented the global prebiotics market report based on ingredients, application, and region:
Segmentation by Ingredients, 2014 - 2025
• Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS)
• Mannan-Oligosaccharides (MOS)
• Galacto-Oligosaccharides (GOS)
Segmentation by Application, 2014 - 2025
• Prebiotic Food and Beverages
• Prebiotic Dietary Supplements
• Animal Feed Prebiotics
Segmentation by Region, 2014 - 2025
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Central & South America
• Middle East & Africa
Key players analyzed:
• Friesland Campina Domo
• Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd.
• Royal Cosun
• Roquette Freres
• Jarrow Formulas, Inc.
• Kraft Foods Group, Inc.
• Cosucra Groupe Warcoing S.A.
• Cargill Incorporated
• Abbott Laboratories
• BENEO-Orafti S.A.
About Hexa Research
Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Toll Free: 1-800-489-3075
SOURCE Hexa Research