DUBLIN, Feb. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4hvhbl/polyphenylene) has announced the addition of the "Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) - A Global Market Overview" report to their offering.
Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) is a semi-crystalline, high performance (or high temperature) engineering plastic that possesses exceptionally high mechanical, high temperature properties and chemical resistance, rendering it to be the alternative of choice for metals and thermosets.
Commercially, PPS is available in different forms and grades such as compounds, fibers, filaments, films and coatings. PPS resin is generally reinforced with various reinforcing materials, specifically glass fibers, in order to improve its mechanical and thermal properties. Such compounds primarily find application in injection molding processes. Unfilled PPS resin can be melt spun and melt blown to produce fibers and fabrics that are used for conveyor belts, flame-resistant clothing and filtration media. PPS resin is also made into films and coatings.
The polyphenylene sulfide market study reviews, analyzes and projects the global market for polyphenylene sulfide for the period 2012-2022 while discussing the global PPS resin installed capacities. Global market for polyphenylene sulfide product types analyzed in the report include PPS compounds and other PPS products such as fibers, films and coatings.
Market for polyphenylene sulfide application areas analyzed in the study include automotive, electrical & electronics, industrial and other applications. Further, the report estimates and projects the global polyphenylene sulfide market in terms of volume in metric tons and value in USD by geographic regions covering North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World. As a value addition, the report also discusses the global market for PPS on neat resin basis.
Global volume consumption of PPS projected to reach 189.4 thousand metric tons, valued at US$2 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 7.7% between 2016 and 2022. Automotive forms the largest application of PPS in terms of volume consumed, with a market share of 41.5% in 2016 and is expected to maintain a 2016-2022 CAGR of 6.6%.
However, the fastest volume CAGR of 11.2% over the same period is likely to be recorded by industrial applications of PPS, the market for which is projected to stand at 59.7 thousand metric tons in 2022. The growth in industrial applications is mainly attributed to the Asia-Pacific region, led by China, where PPS consumption in filter bags and coatings is expected to witness high growth during 2016-2022 period.
Key Topics Covered:
PART A: Global Market Perspective
1. Introduction 1.1 Product Outline 1.1.1 What is Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS)? 1.1.2 Properties of Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) 18.104.22.168 High Temperature Resistance 22.214.171.124 Chemical Resistance 126.96.36.199 Electrical Properties 188.8.131.52 Flame Retardancy and Wear Resistance 184.108.40.206 Machining Performance 1.1.3 Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) Product Types 220.127.116.11 PPS Compounds 18.104.22.168 PPS Fibers and Filaments 22.214.171.124 PPS Films 126.96.36.199 PPS Coatings 1.2 End-use Application Analysis 1.2.1 Automotive Applications 1.2.2 Electrical/Electronic Applications 1.2.3 Industrial/Consumer Applications 1.2.4 Other Applications
2. Key Market Trends
2.1 Auto Industry Acts as Bedrock for Propelling PPS Demand
2.1.1 Global Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Market
188.8.131.52 Battery Electric Vehicles
184.108.40.206 Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles
220.127.116.11 Hybrid Electric Vehicles
2.1.2 Recent Developments in the Usage of PPS Resin in Automotive Industry
18.104.22.168 PPS in Auto Head-Up Display
22.214.171.124 Tubular Cooling System's Weight Lowered with PPS Use
126.96.36.199 Can Polimotor 2 Make the Dream of All-Plastic Car Engine Come True?
2.2 PPS Thermoplastics Usage Continue to Grow in Aerospace Industry
2.2.1 Aircraft Seat Designed Using PPS
2.2.2 Airbus Military Plane Features PPS Composite
2.3 Above Average Growth for PPS to be Driven by Filter Bag Industry in Asia-Pacific
3. Industry Landscape 3.1 Commercial Production Technologies for PPS 3.2 History of Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) Industry 3.3 Global PPS Production Capacities
4. Key Global Players
PPS Resin Manufacturers
- Celanese Corporation (FORTRON)
- DIC Corporation
- Kureha Corporation
- SK Chemicals Co Ltd (INITZ)
- Solvay Specialty Polymers USA, LLC
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Tosoh Corporation
- Zhejiang NHU Special Materials Co Ltd
PPS Compounders and Processors
- A. Schulman, Inc.
- ALBIS Plastic GmbH
- Ensinger GmbH
- Kotec Corporation
- Lati Industria Termoplastici SpA
- Lehmann & Voss & Co
- Lion Idemitsu Composites Co., Ltd.
- Polyone Corporation
- Polyplastics Co Ltd
- Quadrant AG
- RTP Company
- SABIC Innovative Plastics
- Toyobo Co Ltd
5. Key Business and Product Trends - Industry's first PPS resin particles for powder bed fusion 3D printing developed by Toray - Production Capacity of Polyplastics' Facility in Malaysia Increased by 9,000 Tons - Polyphenylene Sulfide Fiber TORCON and Polyacrylonitrile-base Flame Resistant Yarn Utilized to Develop High Performance Flame Shielding Paper - Launch of Celanese® PPS Grades in Japan - Strategic Alliance with NHU Reinforces the High Performance Engineering Plastics Portfolio of DSM - Development of the Polimotor 2 All-Plastic Automotive Engine by Solvay - SK Chemicals and INITZ to Exhibit Super Engineering Plastics at Chinaplas 2015 - Construction of New Production Line to Broaden DIC's PPS Polymer Production Capacity - Ryton® PPS Acquired by Solvay - First Supply Deal of SK Chemicals with a Major International Company for Super Engineering Plastic Materials - Launch of Two Novel Grades of Ryton® PPS for Food Contact Applications - Establishment of DIC Corporation's First PPS Compounds Facility in the PRC - Broadening of Celanese's Kentucky Compounding Production Facility - Celanese to Expand Compounding Capabilities at Nanjing Integrated Chemical Complex - Development of Halogen-free Fortron® PPS CES50 for Consumer Electronics Device Housings - Use of Celanese's Fortron ICE PPS in Making Allied Series VX-Mid HT UHF RFID Tag - Commercial Release of Xtel® PPS Alloys under the Ryton® PPS Brand Name - Use of Celanese's Fortron PPS in Making Ice Protection Plates and in Aircraft Window Frame Production Process - Celanese Presents New Bomat Profitherm Heat Exchanger with Fortron® PPS at K 2013 - Celanese Offers Fortron® PPS for Use in Automotive Head-Up Displays for Safe Driving - HCL Replaces Conventional PEEK Cable Ties for Oil and Gas Pipelines with Fortron® PPS - Development of New Sealing Shim and Flange by KACO Using Celanese's Fortron® PPS - Klopman Relies on Fortron® PPS Fibers from Celanese to Make the New Sungrazer 180 Fabric for PPE Clothing - Plans to Set up Toray's First Manufacturing Base for PPS Resin outside Japan - ALBIS Plastic and Toray Form Torelina® PPS Distribution Pact - Lion Idemitsu Composites Acquires Idemitsu Kosan's PPS Business - Use of Celanese's Fortron® FX4382T1 PPS in Food Handling Applications - New Bi-Component PPS Felt Media for Coal-Fired Boilers Launched by GE - Implementation of Hot Water Systems for Molding Fortron PPS Deliver Exceptional Heat Transfer Performance - Teijin Chemicals Signs Collaborative Agreement with SK Chemicals - Fortron Industries Celebrates 20th Anniversary with an Overall PPS Production of 230 Million Pounds - Chevron Philips Chemical Celebrates 40th Anniversary of Ryton® PPS - Construction of Toray's Third Compounding Facility in China - Chrysler Relies on Molded Plastic Transmission Accumulator Piston Made Using Ryton PPS - DIC to Build New PPS Polymer Production Line to Expand its Overall Production Capacity - Fortron Industries to Enhance PPS Production at Wilmington Plant
6. Global Market Overview
6.1 Market Overview by Product Type
6.1.1 Product Type Market Overview by Geographic Region
188.8.131.52 PPS Compounds
184.108.40.206 Other PPS Products
6.2 Market Overview by End-Use Application
6.2.1 End-Use Application Market Overview by Geographic Region
220.127.116.11 Automotive Applications
18.104.22.168 Electrical & Electronic Applications
22.214.171.124 Industrial Applications
126.96.36.199 Other End-Use Applications
6.3 Global Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) Consumption on Neat Resin Basis
6.3.1 Global Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) Consumption by Product Type on Neat Resin Basis
6.3.2 Global Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) Consumption by Geographic Region on Neat Resin Basis
188.8.131.52 Global Regional Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) Consumption by Product Type on Neat Resin Basis
184.108.40.206.1 North America
220.127.116.11.4 Rest of World
PPS Resin Manufacturers
- Celanese Corporation (FORTRON) - DIC Corporation - Kureha Corporation - SK Chemicals Co Ltd (INITZ) - Solvay Specialty Polymers USA, LLC - Toray Industries, Inc. - Tosoh Corporation - Zhejiang NHU Special Materials Co Ltd
PPS Compounders and Processors
- A. Schulman, Inc. - ALBIS Plastic GmbH - Ensinger GmbH - Kotec Corporation - Lati Industria Termoplastici SpA - Lehmann & Voss & Co - Lion Idemitsu Composites Co., Ltd. - Polyone Corporation - Polyplastics Co Ltd - Quadrant AG - RTP Company - SABIC Innovative Plastics - Toyobo Co Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4hvhbl/polyphenylene
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets