DUBLIN, October 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Global Point-of-Care Testing Market Analysis, Companies Profiles, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast to 2024" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Global point-of-care testing market is expected to reach USD 35.3 billion by 2024 from USD 18.6 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 8.4% in the forecast period 2017 to 2024.
The global point-of-care testing market is segmented on the basis of product into prescription mode, distribution channel, end user, and geography.
On the basis of product, the market is segmented into 13 major segments, which includes blood glucose testing kits, cardiometabolic monitoring kits, infectious disease testing kits, cholesterol testing kits, pregnancy and fertility tests kits, tumor/cancer markers, urinalysis testing kits, cholesterol test strips, hematology testing kits, drugs of abuse testing kits, fecal occult testing kits, rapid coagulation testing kits, and others.
Cardiometabolic Monitoring Kits are further segmented into cardiac markers, blood gas/electrolytes testing kits, HbA1c testing kits, and lipids testing. Also, infectious disease testing kits are further segmented into influenza testing kits, HIV testing kits, hepatitis C testing kits, sexually-transmitted diseases testing kits, tropical diseases testing kits, healthcare-associated infections), and respiratory infections testing kit. Cholesterol testing kits are further divided into prothrombin time testing kits and activated clotting time testing kit.
Based on prescription mode, the global point-of-care testing market is segmented into prescription based testing and over-the-counter (OTC) testing.
On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct tenders and retail.
On the basis of end users, the market is segmented into hospital, clinics, ambulatory care, home healthcare, and research laboratory. Hospital segment is further categorized into emergency department critical-care unit, general ward, and others (intensive care unit, neo-natal). Also, clinic is segmented into physicians' clinic and diagnostic clinic.
- Growing Geriatric Population
- Advancement in Technology
- Decentralized Laboratory Testing
- Increased Incidence of Chronic Diseases
- Laboratory Staff Shortages
- Unfavourable Reimbursement Scenario
- Economic Cost
- Emerging Microfluidic Lab-on-a-Chip Technology
- Emerging Markets
- Unmet Medical Needs
- Lack of Accuracy and Efficiency
- Data Management and Lack of Connectivity
- Testing Performed by Non-Laboratory Personnel and Lack of Awareness Among the Users
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd is going to dominate the Point-Of-Care Testing market following with Siemens AG and Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Market Segmentation
3. Market Overview
4. Executive Summary
5. Premium Insights
6. Global Point-of-Care Testing Market: Regulatory Scenario
7. Global Point-of-Care Testing Market: Reimbursement Scenario
8. Global Point-of-Care Testing Market, by Product Type
9. Global Point-of-Care Testing Market, by Distribution Channel
10. Global Point-of-Care Testing Market, by End User
11. Global Point-of-Care Testing Market, by Prescription Mode
12. Global Point-of-Care Testing Market, by Geography
13. Global Point-of-Care Testing Market : Company Landscape
14. Company Profiles
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Johnson & Johnson, Alere Inc.,
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- PTS Diagnostics, Abaxis, Inc.
- Medtronic, Accriva Diagnostics
- OPTI Medical, Sienco, Inc.
- Alpha Scientific
- AccuBioTech Co., Ltd.
- ACON Laboratories, Inc.
- Acrongenomics, Inc.
- bioMrieux SA
- Biomerica, Inc.
- Atlas Genetics Ltd.
- Alfa Scientific Designs, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Medica Corporation
- Nova Biomedica.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qq5pcz/global
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets