DUBLIN, Mar. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3xxp4l/global) has announced the addition of the "Global Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Outlook 2014: Rising Stars" report to their offering.
Innovations have contributed to the availability of a range of new treatments for diseases resulting in improvements in the length and quality of life and reduced disease burden for individuals and society.
However, the need for innovative therapies for unmet needs /challenging diseases continues to grow, accelerating the pace of drug development directly or through partnership/ in-licensing. The authors expect innovation and improved drugs therapies through novel target discovery and technology platforms to continue to flow from the backyards of small research focused companies (Rising Stars, RS - non-profitable biotech companies) in coming years.
Approval of new drugs, successful launches, maturing pipeline sustained the growth trajectory of biotech companies resulting in successful IPOs. The authors expect the optimism to percolate further into companies with novel technology platforms and targets. For more details on the trend in drug approvals, upcoming milestones and M&A in coming years please see Global Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Outlook 2014: Rising Stars
Key Topics Covered:
PI3K, Jak and BTK inhibitors in clinical development
In-depth Company Analysis
1. Ablynx- Nanobodies - Turnarond on the Horizon
2. Ambit Biosciences- Quizartinib in RR-AML = Delayed but not Dead
3. Basilea- Drugs for Bad Bugs Isavuconazole- Watch out for ACTIVE and VITAL
6. Enanata- The Party to Continue in 2014 - 2nd in the Oral IFN-free HCV Drug Race
7. Galapagos- Drug Discovery platform driving robust Partnership -AbbVie, GSK, Janssen,Servier.
8. Incyte - INCB39110 - Another JAK-Fruit in INCY's Bucket Leader in the Jak- 2 Inhibitor Space
9. ISIS - Beyond KYNAMRO - Targeting Other Niche Indications
10. Morphosys - MOR103/ MOR202 - Partnering is the Beginning of a New Phase of Growth
11. Onconova- ONTIME - Holds the Key!
12. Pharmacyclics- Ibrutinib Therapy: A Game Changer for Leukemia
13. SymBio (4582 JP) Future Growth-TREAKISYM's Label Expansion and Rigosertib's Success
1. Drug Clinical Milestones
2. Drug Launch Table- 2014
- Ambit Bioscience
- ISIS Pharma
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3xxp4l/global
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets