DUBLIN, Jan. 29, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Perlite Market Analysis By Application (Construction Products, Horticultural & Agricultural, Industrial, Filtration & Process Aid), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global perlite market is anticipated to reach USD 1,591.4 million by 2025
The advantages offered by perlite in construction applications include increased mechanical strength, lightweight, and weather-resistant finish. These advantages are anticipated to boost industry growth over the forecast period.
Growing urbanization and increasing industrialization has led to a rise in demand for perlite in construction sector. Increasing participation to sustain the demand, coupled with the reduced raw material prices, is projected to drive perlite market over the forecast period. Several manufacturing companies are shifting their focus toward developing regions such as Asia Pacific and Central & South America (CSA) on account of the availability of cheap labor.
Perlite market is governed by strict regulations for its use in construction, filtration, and agriculture. The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has laid down guidelines for perlite producers to ensure the safety of workers in mines. Technological innovations aimed toward the development of cost-effective manufacturing processes are also expected to remain a critical success factor for market growth over the forecast period.
The industry is highly competitive in nature due to the presence of several global market players. A large number of market participants are collaborating with research agencies to develop improved perlite products with different applications to gain a competitive edge.
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global perlite industry was valued at USD 891.1 million in 2016. The market is anticipated to reach USD 1,591.4 million by 2025, denoting a CAGR of 7.0% from 2017 to 2025.
- In terms of revenue, construction products dominated the segment in 2016. The segment accounted for over 31.1% of the total market in the same year.
- Horticultural & agricultural application was ranked at the second position, accounting for 25.4% of the total market in 2016 in terms of revenue. Perlite is used in agricultural applications on account of its ability to carry herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers.
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific has dominated the global perlite market in the past few years, accounting for a share of 33.8% in 2016. This dominance is expected to continue over the forecast period owing to significant growth in end-use industries.
- The industry is highly competitive in nature with the presence of several global players
- Some of the key players operating in the industry are Aegean Perlites SA, Bergama Perlite, Supreme Perlite Company, The Schundler Company, and Genper Group
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Research scope and assumptions
1.3 List of data sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Perlite - Industry snapshot
Chapter 3 Perlite Market Variables, Trends, & Scope
3.1 Market segmentation & scope
3.2 Penetration & growth prospect mapping
3.3 Value chain analysis
3.4 Market dynamics
3.5 Regulatory scenario
3.6 Market driver analysis
3.6.1 Perlite - Key market driver impact
126.96.36.199 Growth in building and construction industry in developing countries
188.8.131.52 Positive automotive industry outlook in Asia Pacific
3.6.2 Perlite - Key market restraints impact
184.108.40.206 Hazardous effects and difficulty in handling of perlite
3.7 Key opportunities prioritized
3.8 Industry analysis - Porter's
3.9 PESTEL analysis
Chapter 4 Perlite Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Perlite market: Application movement analysis, 2016 & 2025
4.2 Construction products
4.3 Horticulture & agriculture
4.5 Filtration & process aid
Chapter 5 Perlite Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Perlite market: Regional movement analysis, 2016 & 2025
5.1.1 North America
5.1.3 Asia Pacific (APAC)
5.1.4 Central & South America (CSA)
5.1.5 Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Chapter 6 Competitive Landscape
6.1 Vendor landscape
6.2 Competitive environment
6.3 Strategy framework
Chapter 7 Company Profiles
- Aegean Perlites SA
- Bergama Perlite
- Supreme Perlite Company
- Carolina Perlite Company
- Gulf Perlite LLC
- Genper Group
- The Schundler Company
- Saudi Perlite Industries
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zhjnvp/global_perlite?w=5
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets