DUBLIN, September 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Over the Air (OTA) Updates Market for Automotive by Technology (SOTA and FOTA), Application (ECU, TCU, Infotainment, and Safety & Security), Vehicle Type (PC and CV), Electric Vehicle Type (BEV, HEV, and PHEV), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The global OTA updates market for automotive is projected to reach USD 3.89 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 18.2% from 2017 to 2022.
The automotive industry is witnessing the development of disruptive technologies and innovations. Various advanced features such as infotainment, telematics systems, and autonomous driving have become an integral part of high-end automobiles. Most of these technologies use real-time data and require regular updates such as live traffic updates and map updates.
The connected vehicle platforms are increasingly enabled to receive over-the-air (OTA) updates that communicate operational and diagnostic data from onboard systems and connected devices. Also, automakers seek to use OTA updates to enhance customer satisfaction by increasing operational efficiency, vehicle performance, and feature advancement. At the same time, OTA updates can improve the response time and reduce vehicle recalls and expenses.
The major players in the global OTA updates market for automotive are Robert Bosch GmbH, Continental AG, Verizon Communications, Harman International, Garmin Ltd., Airbiquity, Movimento, and Delphi Automotive PLC.
- Increasing Vehicle Recalls Due to Software Problem Impact Over-The-Air Updates Market
- Rise in Use of Connected Car Devices in the Vehicles
- High Cost Involved in the Automotive Over-The-Air Updates
- Lack of Infrastructure in Developing Countries
- Emergence of the Internet of Things (Iot) in the Automotive Industry
- Opportunity to Develop New Business Models
- Increase in the Threat of Cyber Security for Smart Vehicles
- Complex Deployment of Software Updates to Every Vehicle
- Airbiquity Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Argus Cyber Security Ltd.
- ATS Advanced Telematic Systems Gmbh
- Blackberry Limited
- Clarion Co. Ltd
- Continental Ag
- Covisint Corporation
- Excelfore Corporation
- Garmin Ltd.
- Gemalto Nv
- Google Inc.
- Green Hills Software
- Harman International Industries Inc.
- Here Holding Corporation Incorporated.
- Infineon Technologies Ag
- Inrix Inc.
- International Business Machines (Ibm) Corporation
- Jasper Technologies Inc.
- Karamba Security
- Lear Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- Movimento Inc.
- Navinfo Co. Ltd.
- NNG Software Developing And Commercial Llc
- Nvidia Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Onstar Corporation
- Qualcomm Incorporated
- Riscure Bv
- Robert Bosch Gmbh
- Security Innovation Inc.
- Telefonaktiebolaget L. M. Ericsson
- Tomtom International Bv
- Trillium Inc
- Vector Informatik Gmbh
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Vmware Inc.
- Wind River Systems Inc.
- Xevo Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p8hhw4/over_the_air
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets