In today's global market, it's more important than ever to understand the changing dynamics of academic publishing. Rely on Open Access Journal Publishing 2014-2017 to build your growth plan for this year and beyond.
This report explains the origins of the open access movement, gives a timeline for its development, but most importantly, for the first time the report quantifies open access' position as a fast growing sub segment of scholarly journal publishing. Our analysts used the information it gathered through primary and secondary research to develop a financial outlook for open access journal publishing including leading competitors' performance through 2014 and market projections through 2017. This research was conducted in conjunction with a larger study of the overall market for scholarly and professional publishing.
Open Access Journal Publishing 2014-2017 contains separate chapters covering the market, key competitors, and issues and forecast that include:
- Exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Revenue and market share rankings of 10 leading global publishers
- Title and article growth metrics
- A profile of the top ten open access repositories
- A breakdown open access publishing in key geographic regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World
- A discussion of the market for non-English-language open access publishing
- Analysis of mergers and acquisitions
- Exclusive market projections to 2017 and more
Publishers and investment professionals can trust Open Access Journal Publishing 2014-2017 to provide the inside intelligence needed to evaluate growth potential, understand trends affecting the industry, and size up the competition.
Examples of some of the issues discussed include:
- The future of open access megajournals
- The impact of open access in social science and humanities
- Examination of green, gold and hybrid models
- Open access, peer review and questions of credibility
- The impact on smaller publishers
- Long-term implications for costs across the OA ecosystem
Open Access Journal Publishing 2014-2017 is an essential tool for publishing executives, M&A advisors, market analysts, and industry consultants who need to understand the business strategies driving the scholarly and professional publishing industry.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Open Access Publishing Market
Chapter 2: Leading Open Access Publishers & Repositories
Chapter 3: Issues Facing Open Access Publishing & Forecast
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w2dppt/open_access
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets