The study covers the outlook of the oil and gas industry for 2017, forecast to 2020. The study starts by looking at the oil and gas industry in 2016 and what led to the oil price crash, followed by key predictors for 2017 and determining when the rebalancing of oil demand and supply will take place.
The study is divided into 3 main segments:
- Upstream covers the demand and supply scenarios for both oil and gas, with a brief description of the short-term outlook.
- Midstream covers investments and opportunities in the liquefied natural gas (LNG) market and the transportation of oil and gas products. - Downstream covers the refining industry's present and future state, with new capacity additions projected until 2020.
The study concludes by looking at the regional outlook for the major oil exporting and importing countries.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Trends in Historical Oil Prices for WTI and Brent - Global Average Rig Count versus Benchmark Crude Oil Price - 2016 Oil and Gas Numbers at a Glance - Annual Change in Global Oil Supply and Demand-A Path toward Rebalancing - Key Predictions for Oil and Gas Numbers in 2017 - Key Predictions for 2017 - Key 2017 Oil and Gas Industry Predictors - Global Oil Supply Regional Trend 2017 - Regional Natural Gas Supply Outlook - Oilfield Services - Oil Production Costs versus Budget Breakeven Costs
2. Research Scope and Segmentation
- Research Scope
3. Upstream Outlook
- Key 2017 Upstream Market Predictions - Global CAPEX Spend on E&P, Pipelines, and LNG - CAPEX Forecasts for the Top 10 Oil and Gas Producers - Global Oil Demand Outlook for 2017 - Global Oil Supply Outlook for 2017 - US Tight Oil Production and Forecast - Oil Production Forecasts for the Top 13 Oil and Gas Producers - Rig Production Forecasts - Global Natural Gas Demand Outlook - Global Natural Gas Supply Outlook
4. Midstream Outlook
- Key 2017 Midstream Market Predictions - Global LNG Supply - Global LNG Consumption-Growing at a Slower Pace than Expected - LNG Investment - Oversupply in the Global LNG as a Result of New Liquefaction Capacity - Oil Transportation Costs
5. Downstream Outlook
- Key 2017 Downstream Market Predications - Oil and Gas Outlook-Global Analysis of Refined Product Demand by Region - Oil and Gas Outlook-Global Analysis of Refined Product Demand - Oil and Gas Outlook-Global Additional Crude Run: Required versus Potential - Oil and Gas Outlook-Global Refining Capacity: Existing and Projected - Oil and Gas Outlook-Global Distillation Capacity Additions and Closures (Present and Future) from Existing Projects - Oil and Gas Outlook-Refinery Capacity Additions in Non-OECD - Oil and Gas Outlook-Oil Refining Margins (Present and Future) - Oil Storage - Gas Storage
6. Regional Outlook
7. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1-Shale Oil and Gas
8. Key Conclusions
- Global Economic Snapshot-2015-2017 - Top Predictions in 2017-Advanced Economies - Top Predictions in 2017-BRICS Nations - Top 20 Largest Global Economies in 2016 - Top 20 Fastest-growing Global Economies-2015 to 2017 - Other Macro-Economic Highlights-2017 - Abbreviations