DUBLIN, May 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kthj9r/nanosatellite_and) has announced the addition of the "Global Nanosatellite and Microsatellite Market (Geographic Information system, Payload, Space Science, Satellite Communication, Satellite Imagery, Remote Sensing) - Forecast to 2019" report to their offering.
The Nano and Microsatellite market report constitutes of revenues from hardware, software and services required for the development and launch of such satellites. Overall market size is found by adding up the market size for two segments of satellites; namely 1kg to 10kgs (Nano satellites) and 11kgs to 100kgs (Microsatellites).
Though above two markets can exist independently, but the playing fields are the same. For example, there are applications in communication, earth observation, remote sensing, biological experiments, scientific research, academic training, space science and intelligence among various others. Among all applications of Nano and microsatellites, earth observations and remote sensing is expected to account for highest market share by 2019.
High growth markets include:
1. Software and data processing: Software packages as well as data processing suites that are required for accepting and extracting actionable information from the raw satellite data at the ground station
2. Nano satellites: Satellites in the range of 1kg to 10kgs
3. Earth observation and remote sensing: Disaster monitoring application such as cyclones, storms, floods, fires, volcanic activities, earthquakes, landslides, oil slicks, environmental pollution, industrial and/or power plant disaster among various others
4. Commercial: Nano and Microsatellites built and used for commercial purposes
One challenge that may hamper the expected double digit growth of this market is raising capital by startups and small sized companies as every machine, every orbiting device, cost thousands of dollars; every major technology investment has been a bet-the-company adventure. Thus finding the right area along with economically feasible and profitable area holds the key to success in this field. Inability to obtain financing could possibly delay or cancel satellite programs.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 Nanosatellite And Microsatellite: Market Size And Forecast By Solutions
5 Nanosatellite And Microsatellite: Market Size And Forecast By Mass
6 Nanosatellite And Microsatellite: Market Size And Forecast By Applications
7 Nanosatellite And Microsatellite: Market Size And Forecast By Verticals
8 Nanosatellite And Microsatellite: Market Size And Forecast By Regions
9 Nanosatellite And Microsatellite: Market Landscape
10 Company Profiles
11 Advertorial Section
- Clyde Space
- Lockheed Martin
- Northrop Grumman
- Planet Labs
- Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Surrey Satellite Technologies Limited
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kthj9r/nanosatellite_and
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets