DUBLIN, Mar. 06, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gktsz4/global_mobile) has announced the addition of the "Global Mobile Satellite Services Market Forecast and Opportunities, 2020" report to their offering.
The market for mobile satellite services is set to surpass US$ 3.2 billion by the year 2020.
Currently, the market is dominated by leading players such as Inmarsat, Iridium, EchoStar, ORBCOMM, Globalstar and Thuraya, which predominantly operate through their distributor networks spread across the globe. North America and Europe are among the major markets for mobile satellite service providers, while government agencies are among the major stakeholder in terms of revenue contribution in these regions. Growth of mobile satellite services in Asia-Pacific is expected to be higher during the forecast period in comparison to other parts of the world due to busier sea routes and mounting oil and gas exploration activities in the region.
Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) formed a minuscule part of the overall satellite industry in 2014. Rising geopolitical conflicts, growing need for tracking & monitoring, and navigation of aircrafts and vessels are the major factors responsible for growing usage of mobile satellite data and voice services across the globe. The demand for data services is rising gradually across all the end user segments such as maritime, land and aviation.
The escalating demand for in-flight connectivity, social media access, and telephony during air travel is stimulating the demand within the aviation industry. However, maritime segment would continue to dominate the MSS market due to rapid growth in installation of mobile satellite terminals in the naval ships as well as trade & logistics vessels for navigation and monitoring purposes. Further, geo-political tensions in the Middle East, North Africa, and Afghanistan have also contributed significantly to the growth of mobile satellite industry worldwide.
Global Mobile Satellite Services Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020 discusses the following aspects related to mobile satellite services market across the globe:
- Integration of Satellite and Terrestrial Mobile Technology
- M2M Communications
- Increasing Interest from Government & Military
- Shift of Focus from Land Mobile to Aviation
- Asia-Pacific and Middle East Emerging as Potential Markets
- Ongoing Mergers and Acquisitions
- Rising Usage of MEO and LEO satellites in addition to GEO Satellites
- Growing Usage of Ku and C bands
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Methodology
2. Analyst View
3. Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) - Introduction
4. Global Satellite Industry Overview
5. Global Mobile Satellite Services Market Outlook
6. North America Mobile Satellite Services Market Outlook
7. Europe Mobile Satellite Services Market Outlook
8. Asia-Pacific Mobile Satellite Services Market Outlook
9. Mobile Satellite Services Market Outlook, By Access Type
10. Mobile Satellite Services Market Outlook, By End User
11. Market Dynamics
12. Market Trends & Developments
13. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
14. Competitive Landscape
15. Strategic Recommendations
- Inmarsat Plc.
- Iridium Communications Inc.
- EchoStar Corporation
- Globalstar Inc.
- Intelsat S.A.
- ORBCOMM Inc.
- Thuraya Satellite Telecommunications Company
- ViaSat Inc.
- Singtel Telecommunications Ltd.
- NewSat Global Satellite Solutions
- Eutelsat S.A.
- Hispasat S.A.
- Telespazio Vega
- Telesat Canada
- Telstra Corporation Limited
- Pendrell Corporation
- Al Yah Satellite Communications Company
- Globecomm Systems Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gktsz4/global_mobile
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets