DUBLIN, October 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "mHealth App Market by Type (Fitness, Lifestyle Management, Nutrition & Diet, Women's Health, Healthcare Providers, Disease Management) and Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The global mHealth market is expected to reach USD 111.8 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 44.2%
The need to reduce long waiting periods in order to access health care facilities from specialists is the primary driver responsible for the adoption of mHealth.
The availability of applications for consumers are continuing to grow rapidly, especially healthcare apps. These applications assist users in self-management of wellness, disease and chronic abnormalities. This has led to the patient - playing an important and active role in staying informed and updated on their own healthcare decisions, contributing to the rise in adoption of mHealth apps globally.
Healthcare is gradually transitioning towards a precision-based model, better known as a personalized medicine model. mHealth is becoming a widespread trend due to the introduction of technologies such as EMR, remote monitoring, and other communication platforms.
mHealth leverages the 4Ps of healthcare delivery, that is personalized, predictive, participatory, and preventive, to ensure delivery of optimal care to its users. In addition, growing penetration of smartphones, especially in low- & middle-income countries and growing focus on utilizing mobile technology to leverage healthcare delivery and ensure a population health plan is anticipated to benefit the market.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- North America accounted for the largest market share owing to its focus toward implementing a successful population health strategy, to reduce healthcare costs
- Fitness apps account for the largest market share among other mHealth app categories
- mHealth app vendors are focusing their attention on women's health, diet, and medication reminders. According to Wired, a mobile advertising and analytics platform, women are more inclined toward tracking their health than men
- Physicians are increasingly recommending usage of mHealth apps to their patients, which is likely to increase the adoption rate of mHealth apps
- Some of the major market participants in the mHealth apps market are Abbott Laboratories; Johnson & Johnson; AstraZeneca; F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG; Novartis AG; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; GlaxoSmithKline plc; Merck and Co., Inc.; Pfizer; and Sanofi.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 mHealth Apps Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.2 Market Size and Growth Prospects, 2014 - 2025
3.3 Market Dynamics
3.4 Key Opportunities Prioritized
3.5 Industry Analysis - Porter's
3.6 PESTLE Analysis, 2016
3.7 m-Health apps Competitive Scenario, 2016
Chapter 4 mHealth Apps Market: Type Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 m-Health Apps Market: Type Movement Analysis
4.3 Disease Management
4.4 Women's Health
4.5 Lifestyle Management
4.6 Nutrition & Diet
4.7 Healthcare Providers/ Payors
4.8 Medication Adherence
Chapter 5 mHealth Apps Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Type
Chapter 6 Competitive Landscape
- Johnson and Johnson
- AstraZeneca PLC
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Merck and Co.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gs7rzf/mhealth_app
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets