DUBLIN, Aug. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qfrnbx/medical_tourism) has announced the addition of the "Medical Tourism Facts and Figures 2015" report to their offering.
6 billion people travel for medical treatment from one country to another, and if you add in those who travel a distance within a country - it exceeds 10 billion a year. For 2015 the widely respected annual report on medical tourism facts and figures has had a makeover to put medical tourism into context.
This report puts medical tourism back into the context of what local healthcare offers, what compulsory and voluntary health insurance covers - the drivers of inbound and outbound business. Although full regulation is far off, more countries are bringing in regulation on who can offer local medical tourism, or becoming tougher on what agencies and others can say on adverts.
This massive report is the result of over a decade of research and collecting information on the subject and a perfect antidote to the guesses and estimates that have been transformed into Internet facts.While some countries are doing very well out of medical tourism, others have struggled to compete or even get started.
Medical tourism is often wrongly promoted as a magical formula to solve local healthcare, tourism and economic problems; while there is a backlash against dangerous surgery, and an increasingly vexed debate on the effect on local healthcare. oo many countries and businesses have lost money by going into medical tourism without doing proper research on competitors and potential customers. This report is essential for anyone entering or promoting medical tourism.
- More countries - 162 very detailed profiles
- More information on local healthcare and healthcare insurance of all types
- More detail on local medical tourism
- More global information on medical tourism and healthcare
- An extended and better layout for country profiles information
- An extended and more logical layout for information
Key Topics Covered:
1. Country Information
2. Countries A To Z
3. Regional Information
4. Healthcare/ Treatment Information
5. Health Insurance Comparison Sites
7. Global Research On Healthcare
8. Global Research On Travel
9. Global Research On Medical Tourism
10. Global Research On Health Insurance
11. Regional Research On Healthcare
12. Regional Research on Medical Tourism
13. Regional Research On Health Insurance
14. National Research On Healthcare
15. National Research On Medical Tourism
16. National Research On Health Insurance
Companies Mentioned - Partial List
- Accenture - Aon - Caricom - Deloitte - EY Mercer - Eurobarometer - Eurostat - John Connell - Medibroker - Now Health International - SRI International - Stackpole & Associates - Towers Watson
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qfrnbx/medical_tourism
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets