DUBLIN, October 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Global LED Grow Lights Market, Analysis & Forecast - 2017 to 2021: Focus on Power Consumption (Low Power and High Power), Spectrum (Partial and Full), and Application (Commercial Greenhouse, Indoor Farming, Vertical Farming, and Turf & Landscaping)" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The report answers the following questions about the global LED grow lights market:
- What is the size, in terms of value ($million) of LED grow lights market in 2016, and growth rate during the forecast period, 2016-2021?
- What are different types of applications of LED grow lights?
- What is the market share of different types of LED grow lights on basis of power consumption and their growth rate during the forecast period, 2016-2021?
- What is the market share of different types of LED grow lights on basis of spectrum type and their growth rate during the forecast period, 2016-2021?
- What is the market size of different power consuming LED grow lights, in terms of value, on the basis of different applications?
- What is the market size of different spectrum emitting LED grow lights, in terms of value, on the basis of different applications?
- What is the LED grow lights market size for different regions and countries in terms of value?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in LED grow lights market, pertaining to countries included in different geographical regions?
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry by analyzing the futuristic scenario of LED grow lights?
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for LED grow lights during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global LED grow market?
- What kind of new strategies is being adopted by existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of key players in the LED grow market by analyzing through market share analysis?
- What are the key market players in the market, along with their detailed analysis & profiles (including their financials, company snapshots, key products & services, and SWOT analysis)?
The increasing world population and the rapid urbanization has resulted in an increase in demand for food while conventional farming is on a decline. The world population is expected to reach 9.7 billion by 2050 and according to the United Nations around 66% of those will be living in urban areas.
There is a need to employ better farming methods that help in improving the yields. With food security gaining increased importance in the worldwide scenario, government across the globe are promoting modern farming techniques which help in producing the best yield from each farmed acre. Vertical and indoor farms help in improving the yields manifold while eliminating the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
It has been mentioned in a statistic by Macrothink Institute that the growth of vegetables like carrots, potatoes, tomatoes and lettuce was increased 2-15 times due to the better technology on offer in vertical farms. Whereas the increase in yield was 340-700 times when the effect of stacking was combined with the technology. Vertical and indoor farms also protect the vegetation from the effects of external climatic conditions like drought which is useful in preventing agricultural losses.
LED grow lights are an important part of these farms where they compensate for the absence of sunlight. Moreover the introduction of LED technology into the grow lights market has been revolutionary as it reduces the energy consumption and heat radiation. Thus LED grow lights provide an effective and efficient solution to the existing problems that the agricultural sector faces.
The major established players in the market, are focusing more on business expansion to keep a strong hold on the market. Heliospectra, Philips Lighting, and Illumitex are few of the major industry players that have adopted this strategy to grow their business. These companies expanded their business in different countries to expand their customer base in the market.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Report Scope & Methodology
1.1 Report Scope
1.2 The LED Grow Lights Market Research Methodology
1.2.1 Assumptions & Limitations
1.2.2 Primary Data Sources
1.2.3 Secondary Data Sources
1.2.4 Data Triangulation
1.2.5 Data Analysing & Market Estimation
2 Market Dynamics
2.1.1 Need to Reduce Energy Consumption
2.1.2 Increasing Emphasis on Food Security
2.1.3 Developing Trend for Indoor Farming
2.2.1 Large Capital Requirement
2.2.2 Lack of Quality Standards for LED Grow Lights
2.3.1 Promotion of Vertical Farms
2.3.2 Expansion of Smart Phone Technology
3 Competitive Landscape
3.1 Key Market Development & Strategies
3.1.1 Partnerships, Agreements & Joint Ventures
3.1.2 Product Launches
3.1.3 Business Expansion
3.1.4 Mergers & Acquisitions
3.1.5 Others (Awards, Recognitions, Conferences & Expo)
3.2 Industry Attractiveness
3.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Threat from Substitutes
3.2.3 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4 Industry Analysis
4.1 Opportunity Matrix
4.2 Country Share Analysis
4.3 R&D Analysis
4.4 Ranking of Key Companies
5 Global LED Grow Lights Market by Power Consumption
5.1 Assumptions & Limitations for Analysis and Forecast of the Global LED Grow Lights Market
5.2 Market Overview
5.3 Low Power LED Grow Lights
5.4 High Power LED Grow Lights
6 Global LED Grow Lights Market by Spectrum
6.1 Partial Spectrum
6.2 Full Spectrum
7 Global LED Grow Lights Market by Application
7.1 Commercial Greenhouse
7.2 Indoor Farming
7.3 Vertical Farming
7.4 Turf and Landscaping
7.5.1 Other Applications by Geography
8 Global LED Grow Lights Market by Region
9 Company Profiles
- Advanced LED Lights
- California LightWorks
- Cirrus Systems, Inc.
- Cree, Inc.
- Everlight Electronics Co. Ltd
- General Electric
- Heliospectra AB
- High Power 4s
- OSRAM Licht AG
- Philips Lighting
- Platinum LED Lights LLC
- Pro Max Grow
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n936c9/global_led_grow
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets