-- Organizations deliberate on key global challenges, focus on critical issues, exchange best practices and outline solution approaches
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, Oct. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Economic development organizations are driving game-changing initiatives for sustained growth and socio-economic development. This year, Frost & Sullivan hosted 30 economic development organization leaders from across the globe in the first annual conference of the EDI Council. The Council convened at Frost & Sullivan's recent flagship event, Growth, Innovation and Leadership (GIL) 2014: Silicon Valley, which took place in San Jose, CA in Sept. 2014.
During the inaugural council session, EDI council members reviewed and voted on pressing issues facing economic development leaders today, sharing best practices to combat global challenges. Three critical issues covered at the conference were bridging the digital divide, attracting investments and smart development.
For more information on the EDI Council or to join the EDI Council, please visit http://bit.ly/1v54qmV.
The EDI Council meeting included distinguished global leaders like:
- Arvydas Arnasius, Managing Director, Invest Lithuania
- Duncan Wilson, Director and Principal Investigator, Intel Collaborative Research Institute
- İlker Ayci, President, The Republic of Turkey Prime Ministry Investment Support and Promotion Agency (ISPAT)
- Julie Cinnamon, CEO, (Represented by Gearoid Mooney, Research & Innovation Manager) Enterprise Ireland
- Maria Carolina Hoyos Turbay, Vice Minister, Ministry of ICT, Colombia
- Mauro Goncalves, Strategy Head, Project Loon, Google
- Lim Chuan Poh, Chairman, Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR, Singapore)
Select economic development organizations were also presented with Frost & Sullivan awards at GIL 2014: Silicon Valley for outstanding contributions to economic development.
"We are delighted to recognize economic development agencies and global leaders who have the vision and leadership to help develop, transform and catalyze growth for their constituents,'' said Frost & Sullivan Global President & Managing Partner Aroop Zutshi.
The EDI Council will reconvene next year at the Manufacturing Leadership Summit at Carlsbad, California from 2-4 June 2015.
"Following the success of the EDI Council's inaugural conference, we plan to bring aboard many more economic development organization leaders, global corporations and industry thought-leaders to facilitate deeper discussions on critical issues and breakthrough solution approaches," said Frost & Sullivan Global Vice President of the Emerging Market Innovation and Economic Development Innovation program Sath Rao.
About the EDI Council
The EDI Council is a special purpose council which unites economic development agencies, leaders and corporations from across the globe to deliberate on key global challenges, exchange best practices and outline solution approaches. The council operates under the Association for Growth, Innovation and Leadership Executives (AGILE).
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Corporate Communications – North America
P: +1 (210) 247.2481
F: +1 (210) 348.1003
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan