The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2015 through 2022. Also, a six-year historic analysis is provided for these markets. Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research. This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Insulin Pumps (External) in US$ Thousand.
The report profiles 15 companies including many key and niche players such as:
F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Ltd.
Sooil Development Co. Ltd.
Tandem Diabetes Care Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW Insulin Pumps: A Prelude Key Benefits Offered Infuse Sustained Growth Opportunities Developed Regions Underpin Sales Growth The United States The Largest Market Europe A Market with Vast Potential Lower Current Penetration Leaves Significant Room for Growth Rising Incidence of Diabetes A Major Market Driving Factor Diabetes Assessing the Economic Burden
2. COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS Insulin Pumps Market Set for Interesting Road Ahead Comparison of Select Durable Insulin Pumps by Manufacturer Medtronic Banks on New Solutions and Distribution Expansion to Retain Dominance Tandem Sees Gradual Rise in Market Share Ypsomed Eyes Brighter Prospects with YpsoPump Medtrum A New Entrant with a Strong Product Competitive Landscape in the Insulin Patch Pump Market Insulet's OmniPod Benefits from Lack of Close Competition in its League Insulet Focuses on Advances in Technology and Services to Gain Market Share Cellnovo's Patch Pump Combines Functionality and Cost- Effectiveness Valeritas' V-Go An Affordable Patch Pump for Type II Diabetics Valeritas Struggles to Push Sales of V-Go Tough Ground for New Entrants
3. NOTEWORTHY MARKET TRENDS Type II Diabetes A Market with Significant Potential Patch Pumps Gain Manufacturer Attention Prefilled Insulin Cartridges Gain Popularity over Manual Filling The Rise of Smart Pumps A Major Game Changer Innovative Features Spruce Up the Market for Insulin Pumps Artificial Pancreas System (APS) The Future of Diabetes Care Artificial Pancreas Are We There Yet? The Risk of Diabetes in Aging Populace Presents Opportunities for Insulin Pumps Alarming Rise in Obesity A Business Case for Diabetes Care Global Obesity Facts in a Nutshell Diabetes in Developing Countries to Expand Opportunities
4. KEY MARKET DRIVERS AND CHALLENGES ICR: A Key Factor to Success Customer Satisfaction: Crucial to Stay Competitive Expiry of Warranty Provides New Opportunities to Insulin Pump Makers Undiagnosed Diabetes A Key Challenge Better Safety Review A Growing Need for Insulin Pumps Insulin Pump Training Not Receiving Adequate Attention Complicated Insulin Pump Software Makes Pump Use Difficult for the Aged Competition from Other Insulin Delivery Technologies Continues Implantable Insulin Pumps A Potential Threat to External Insulin Pumps Lantus: A Threat to Insulin Pump Manufacturers
5. DIABETES & INSULIN - AN ABSTRACT Diabetes A Fatal Disease Risk Factors for Diabetes Types of Diabetes Long Term Complications of Diabetes Testing Sugar Levels: Easy and Accurate Insulin Pancreas: The Main Source of Insulin in Human Body Types of Insulin Types of Insulin & Onset of Action Goal of Insulin Therapy Insulin Delivery Systems A. Syringes B. Insulin Pens c. Jet Injectors d. Tablets e. External Insulin Pumps f. Artificial Pancreas Insulin Delivery Technologies
6. PRODUCT OVERVIEW Evolution of Insulin Pumps Components of Insulin Pump How Does an Insulin Pump Work? Value-added Features of Modern Insulin Pumps Bolus Calculators Insulin on Board Customized Alarms Touch Bolus Interface to PCs Others Insulin Pump Delivery Rates Guidelines for Insulin Pump Usage Advantages More Accurate and Consistent Enhances Blood Sugar Control in Pediatric Patients Adjusting Time Zones While Traveling Improves Quality of Life Patient Convenience Other Advantages Disadvantages/Risks Involved in the Usage of Insulin Pumps High Cost High Involvement Diabetic Ketoacidosis Risk Glucose Testing at Regular Intervals Regular Rotation of Infusion Set Carrying Back-up Kit Regular Refilling of Pump Other Disadvantages
7. PRODUCT INNOVATIONS/INTRODUCTIONS Medtronic Rolls Out MiniMed 670G System Tandem Unveils New Software Update for t:slim Insulin Pumps Tandem Introduces t:slim X2 Insulin Pump with Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM Integration Tandem Launches t:lock Connector Tandem Receives US Patent for Infusion Pump and Electronic Device Integration SOOIL Development Unveils DANA Diabecare RS Insulin Pump Cellnovo Files FDA 510(k) Clearance for Diabetes Management System Medtronic Obtains FDA Nod for its New MiniMed 670G System Medtrum Launches Medtrum P6 Tubeless Insulin Pump Medtronic Launches MiniMed 630G System Tandem Secures FDA Expanded Indication for t:slim Insulin Pump EMA Clears Use of mylife YpsoPump with NovoRapid PumpCart Animas Receives FDA Expanded Indication for Animas Vibe Insulin Pump in Children Medtronic Introduces MiniMed Connect System for Insulin Pumps and CGMs Tandem Gets FDA Nod for t:slim G4 Insulin Pump Unilife Rolls Out Instant Patch Pumps Platform Imperium Medtronic Rolls Out MiniMed 640G System Tandem Bags FDA Clearance for t:flex Insulin Pump
8. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY Animas Decides to Exit Insulin Pump Business Tandem to Commence At-Home Pivotal Trial for t:slim X2 Insulin Pump Aspire Capital Fund to Invest in Valeritas Holdings Roche Diabetes Care Discontinues Accu-Chek Brand in the US Insulet to Distribute its Omnipod System in Europe Valeritas Achieves Better Results with V-Go Device Valeritas Shows Quality Results with V-Go Wearable Device Medtronic Collaborates with Aetna Roche to Acquire mySugr Tandem Announces Order Intake for t:slim X2 Insulin Pump Bigfoot Secure FDA's Clearance for Artificial Pancreas Trial Tandem Inks Technology Licensing Deal with TypeZero Ypsomed and Novo Nordisk Sign Pact for mylife YpsoPump UnitedHealth Group Selects Medtronic As Exclusive Supplier of Insulin Pumps Cellnovo and Roche Enter into Commercial Agreement for BGM Insulet Inks Deal with Mode for Licensing Artificial Pancreas Algorithm Ypsomed Expands Availability of mylife OmniPod in Europe Medtronic Enters into Agreement with Chengdu Government to Produce Insulin Pumps Insulet and Eli Lilly Team Up to Develop New Version of OmniPod for Delivering Lilly's Humalog Tandem and Dexcom Ink Deal to Pair their Devices BD Medical and Medtronic Collaborate to Launch New Infusion Set Bigfoot Biomedical Takes Over Asante Solutions Debiotech to Take Over Rights to iSense CGM Medtronic Acquires Covidien
9. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
10. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Total Companies Profiled: 15 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 18)