The global Fluoropolymers market report analyzes the fluoropolymer product types comprising Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), Fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP), Perfluoroalkoxy (PFA/MFA), Polyvinyl fluoride (PVF), Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE), Ethylene chlorotrifluoroethylene (ECTFE) and Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE).
Global fluoropolymers demand is attributed mainly to the robust growth in the developing regions and also continued economic recovery in the developed nations that drives industrial investment and growth in construction activities. PTFE is the largest fluoropolymer in terms of volume and value. However, melt-processable fluoropolymers such as PVDF, FEP, ETFE and ECTFE are forecast to record fastest growth during the analysis period, owing to the significant demand from emerging applications such as photovoltaic modules and architectural membranes among others.
Global volume consumption of Fluoropolymers, standing at 223.2 thousand metric tons in 2012, is forecast to be 281.6 thousand metric tons in 2016 and is projected to reach 402 thousand metric tons by 2022 at a CAGR of 6.1% between 2016 and 2022. Asia-Pacific is the largest volume market for Fluoropolymers globally, forecast to be 126.6 thousand metric tons (45% share) in 2016 and is also likely to post the fastest 2016-2022 CAGR of 7.4% and reach a projected 194.4 thousand metric tons by 2022.
The report also analyzes the key end-use sectors of fluoropolymers including Chemical Processing, Electrical & Electronics, Mechanical/Industrial, Automotive & Transportation, Building & Construction and Others. The global markets for the above mentioned product types and end-use sectors are analyzed in terms of volume in metric tons and value in USD for the aforementioned analysis period. This report also provides the comprehensive market analysis of each fluoropolymer product segment by end-use sector.
The report provides comprehensive data on fluoropolymers production capacities which includes production capacity by manufacturer, by fluoropolymer type, by country and by manufacturer's production plant.
The research also provides the listing of the companies engaged in manufacturing and processing of Fluoropolymers. The global list of companies covers the address, contact numbers and the website addresses of 211 companies including subsidiaries.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Product Outline
2. End-Use Sector Analysis
2.1 Chemical Processing Sector
2.2 Electrical & Electronics Sector
2.3 Mechanical/Industrial Sector
2.4 Automotive & Transportation Sector
2.5 Building & Construction Sector
2.6 Other Sectors
3. Key Market Trends
3.1 Medical Device Industry Fuelling Demand for Fluoropolymers
3.2 Demand for PTFE to Gain Further Momentum from Products with Improved Properties
3.3 New Energy Markets to Take PVDF in a Big Way
3.4 Demands of Membrane Market Being Addressed by PVDF
3.5 ETFE's Progress in Architectural Applications Gains Prominence
3.6 Bright Opportunities for Fluoropolymers in the Radiant Solar Modules Market
4. Industry Landscape
4.1 Fluoropolymers Producers and Production Capacities
4.2 Key Global Players
- 3M Company
- Arkema Group
- Asahi Glass Co Ltd
- Daikin Industries Ltd
- Dongyue Group Limited
- E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited
- HaloPolymer OJSC
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Jiangsu Meilan Chemical Co Ltd
- Jinhua Yonghe Fluorochemical Co Ltd
- Kureha Corporation
- Shanghai 3F New Material Co Ltd
- Solvay SA
- The Chemours Company
- Zhejiang Juhua Co Ltd
- Zhonghao Chenguang Research Institute Chemical Industry
5. Key Business & Product Trends
- Arkema and HP in Collaboration
- Solvay Showcases Extensive Line of High-Performance Polymers for Electric Vehicle Battery and Battery Packs
- Polymem Develops Production Line for Hollow Fiber Membranes Made from Arkema's Kynar®
- Gore Aerospace Cables Address the Need for Reliable High-Speed Data Transmission
- DuPont Tedlar Films to be Distributed by American Durafilm®
- Arkema Expands Scope of Use for Patent-Pending Kynar® Foam Extrusion
- Arkema and PPG Celebrate Half a Century of Association
- Kureha Takes Over Kureha Battery Materials Japan
- Arkema's High Performing Kynar Flex® Grade for the Wire and Cable Sector Launched
- AGC Introduces Fluon® LM-ETFE LH-8000 for New Applications
- Arkema Launches Additional PVDF Polymer Process Aids
- 3M Dyneon Compound NST 1111R Launched
- The Chemours Company Spun Off from DuPont
- Solvay to Commence PVDF Production at its Chinese Plant by 2017
- Solvay Specialty Polymers' ECTEF Resin Films Used in Amcor's Flexible Solar Front Sheets