ALBANY, New York, June 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research "E.coli Testing Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2022," the global E.coli Testing Market was valued at USD 1.2 billion in 2013 and is estimated to reach USD 2.1 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 6.58% from 2014 to 2022.
Escherichia coli (E.coli) infections are common across all the parts of the world. The bacterium is known to cause frequent food- or water-borne and urinary tract infections. According to an article published in the Journal Emerging Infectious Diseases, E.coli accounts for over 85% of all urinary tract infections. Rapid development of drug resistance and their frequent outbreaks through contaminated food have raised serious health concerns. Epidemic of Shiga toxin producing E.coli strain O104:H4 in Germany was one the largest E.coli outbreaks. Therefore, the demand for rapid and accurate methods for detecting E.coli in clinical and environmental samples has increased considerably.
Full research report on E. coli Testing Market with detailed figures and segmentation at: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/e-coli-testing-market.html
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), U.S. has approved three methods for testing environmental water samples; these include membrane filtration, multiple tube fermentation or most probable number (MPN), and enzyme-substrate reaction based presence or absence (P/A) tests. MPN is one of the oldest method of E.coli enumeration, and is being replaced by membrane filtration method to a large extent. With membrane filtration method, large volume of water samples can be tested, and more accurate results can be provided as compared to multiple tube fermentation method. P/A tests are qualitative tests that produce colored substrate indicating presence of E.coli in water sample. P/A test is easy to perform, and does not require a skilled personnel. Further sophisticated laboratory equipment are not required for accurate test results; wherein only a small or medium size incubator is required to store test bottles. Due to these factors, P/A tests are rapidly capitalizing the E.coli testing market. Based on similar principal, the P/A tests have been modified to provide quantitative MPN count of E.coli in water sample. IDEXX Laboratories Colilert, Colisure, and Quanti-Tray are leading products in the market approved by the EPA. Various local players manufacture similar qualitative tests, however due to the absence of standard regulatory approvals, these tests do not contribute significantly to the overall market.
For further inquiries and Request Sample, ask here: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=s&rep_id=4822
From the point of view of test kits, P/A test kits account for majority of the volume sale; however, from the point of view of number of tests performed, membrane filtration method takes the lead. Key reason being majority of the membrane filtration tests are not performed using ready-to-use kits; individual laboratory apparatus are used to perform the tests. This trend is more evident in low- and middle-income countries, as this is a cost effective alternative to P/A test kits. Revenue wise enzyme-substrate tests account for 80% of the market share, while volume wise these tests account for 40% share.
In 2013, Europe dominated the Global E.coli Testing Industry due to outbreak of foodborne infection in Germany in 2011 caused by Escherichia coli O104:H4 strain. In addition, rapidly growing bottled water industry also support the dominance of the region. The E.coli testing market in Asia Pacific was valued at USD 14.99 million in 2013 and is expanding at a CAGR of 6.92% from 2014 to 2022.Asia Pacific consists of the most promising economies such as India and China, while Japan is a leading market in the region. Water pollution has become a major crisis in China. An article published in Nature in June 2014 stated that over 200 million individuals fall ill due to acquisition of water borne diseases in China each year.
Browse All Press Releases of E. coli Testing Market:
- E.coli Testing Market Expected to Reach USD 2.1 Billion in 2022: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pressrelease/e-coli-testing-market.htm
- Geographically, Europe Accounted for the Largest Market Share of the Global E. coli Testing Market. The Global E.coli Testing Market Expected to Reach USD 2.1 Billion in 2022: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pressrelease/e-coli-testing-market-geography-analysis.htm
- Increasing Food and Waterborne Diseases Accentuates the Growth of E. coli Testing Market. The Global E. coli Testing Market is Expected to Reach USD 2.1 Billion in 2022: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pressrelease/global-e-coli-testing-market.htm
- Enzyme-substrate Reaction based Rapid Test Kits Replace Traditional E. Coli Testing Market. Global E. coli Testing Market Expected to Reach USD 2.1 Billion in 2022: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pressrelease/e-coli-testing-industry.htm
Key players in the E.coli clinical testing market include Abbott Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, bioMerieux, Enzo Life Sciences, Inc., DiaSorin S.p.A., F.Roche Diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Hologic, Becton, Dickinson and Company, and Bio-Rad Laboratories.
The global E.coli testing market has been segmented as below:
- Global E.coli Testing Market, by Testing Methods
- Environmental Testing Market, by Testing Methods
- Membrane Filtration (MF)
- Multiple Tube Fermentation (MTF)
- Enzyme-Substrate Methods
- Clinical Testing Market, by Testing Methods
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Tests
- Enzyme Immunoassays (EIA)
- Environmental Testing Market, by Testing Methods
- Global E.coli Testing Market, by End Users
- Home and Drinking Water Suppliers
- Bottled Water Suppliers
- Waste Water Treatment Organizations
- Others (Government Agencies, Private Well Owners, Ground Water Testing, Farm Water Testing, etc.)
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Physician Offices
- Global E.coli Testing Market, by Geography
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America (LATAM)
- Rest of LATAM
- South Africa
- Rest of Africa
- Rest of the World (RoW)
- North America
Other Published Reports by Transparency Market Research:
- Platelet Rich Plasma Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/europe-platelet-rich-plasma-market.html
- Bone Morphogenetic Proteins Market: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/bone-morphogenetic-protein-market.html
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Mr. Nachiket Ghumare
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
SOURCE Transparency Market Research