DUBLIN, May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xrwbxk/global_digital) has announced the addition of the "Global Digital Map Market 2014-2018" report to their offering.
Digital mapping is a process by which data is collected and compiled to form a virtual image. The data compiled is used to produce maps that accurately represent a particular geographical area or feature, including major roads, rivers, and important landmarks such as airports, tourist attractions, and hospitals. Digital mapping technology can also be used to calculate the distance between different places.
In recent times, digital maps have been increasingly used for various location-enabled applications such as Google Earth, Google Maps, and Foursquare. However, the technology is mainly used in GPS satellite networks, which are an important component of automotive navigation systems.
With the advancement in GPS technology, several useful features such as live traffic updates and places of interest have been added, making the systems more user-friendly. In many cases, users have the option of choosing between virtual maps, satellite, or hybrid views as per their requirements. The information on digital mapping devices is continuously updated to include new landmarks and places of interest.
The analysts forecast the Global Digital Map market will grow at a CAGR of 9.37 percent over the period 2013-2018.
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the Global Digital Map market for the period 2014-2018. To calculate the market size, the report considers revenue generated from the annual sales of digital map licenses. It considers indoor and outdoor digital maps.
- For the Outdoor Digital Map segment, the report considers the revenue generated from digital maps used in automobile navigation, on mobiles and the internet, and in the public sector and in enterprises.
- For the Automobile sector, the report covers the revenue generated from digital maps used for in-dash navigation systems, for aftermarket navigation solutions, and vehicle connectivity solutions.
- For the Mobile and Internet segment, the report covers the revenue generated from digital maps on smartphones, tablets, wearable devices, and PNDs.
Key Topics Covered:
01. Executive Summary
02. List of Abbreviations
03. Scope of the Report
04. Market Research Methodology
06. Market Landscape
07. Market Segmentation by Usage
08. Market Segmentation by Usage
09. Geographical Segmentation
10. Buying Criteria
11. Market Growth Drivers
12. Drivers and their Impact
13. Market Challenges
14. Impact of Drivers and Challenges
15. Market Trends
16. Trends and their Impact
17. Vendor Landscape
18. Key Vendor Analysis
19. Other Reports in this Series
- Apple Inc.
- AutoNavi Holdings Ltd.
- Bing Maps (Microsoft Corp.)
- Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc.
- Google Inc.
- HERE (Nokia Corp.)
- Magellan Navigation Inc.
- MapQuest Inc.
- Mapmyindia (CE Info Systems Pvt. Ltd.)
- Micello Inc.
- NAVIGON Inc.
- NavInfo Co. Ltd.
- NearMap Ltd.
- Roadtrippers Inc.
- TomTom NV
- ViaMichelin S.A.S.
- Wanadoo Maps (Mappy S.A.)
- WoNoBo (Genesys International Corp. Ltd.)
- Yahoo! Maps (Yahoo! Inc.)
- Zenrin Co. Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xrwbxk/global_digital
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets