DUBLIN, Dec 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Cardiovascular Disease Market to 2022 - Sanofi and Novartis to Become Market Leaders as Praluent and Entresto Drive Revenue Growth" report to their offering.
There has been vast scientific innovation within the CVD therapeutics market over recent decades, particularly within the anti-dyslipidemia market with the advent of statins such as Lipitor, the best-selling drug of all time, which produce marked reductions in cholesterol levels. More recently, the commonly used direct factor Xa inhibitors which produce anti-coagulant effects, have been made available for oral administration and the advent of PCSK9 inhibitors provide a viable alternative dyslipidemia treatment for when statins are unsuitable or inefficient. There are currently 1368 pipeline drugs within the cardiovascular disease market, the largest therapy area being thrombosis, with 406 pipeline products indicated for treatment or prevention of thrombotic events.
The treatments of CVD typically focus on prevention by controlling the risk factors of CVD. As such, the treatments usually fall within three categories: Anti-hypertensives aim to lower blood pressure; anti-dyslipidemia drugs aim to alter lipid levels to an acceptable range; and anti-thrombotic drugs aim to either prevent thrombus forming or work to mitigate the damage of a current thrombi, they do this by either interrupting the coagulation cascade or inhibiting platelet aggregation, both of which inhibit blood from clotting.
Among those pipeline drugs expected for imminent release to market there is a mixture of first-in-class products, typically anti-dyslipidemia drugs aiming to provide alternatives to statin therapy, and drugs belonging to currently popular classes such as the aforementioned PCSK9 inhibitors and direct factor Xa inhibitors.
- Analysis of innovation in the CVD market in the context of the overall pipeline and current market landscape. Also includes analysis of the deals landscape, including both licensing deals and co-development deals. Key indications covered in detail include hypertension, dyslipidemia and thrombotic events.
- A brief introduction to CVD, including symptoms, pathophysiology, and an overview of pharmacotherapy for the key diseases.
- Identification of key marketed products, with a focus on historical and forecast sales patterns and an overview of each drug's mechanism of action.
- Comprehensive review of the pipeline, analyzed on the basis of stage of development, molecule type and molecular target.
- In-depth market forecasting from 2015 to 2022. The forecasts will provide an understanding of how epidemiology trends, new drug entries and drug patent expirations will influence market value.
- Identification and assessment of key pipeline products, with a particular focus on those due to be brought to market in the near future, as well as a sales forecast for these products.
- Identification of the leading companies in the market, in terms of market share and growth. Company analysis determines how dependent these companies are on CVD product revenue. In addition, analysis determines the primary factors that will drive market growth for the key companies.
- Assessment of the licensing and co-development deal landscape for CVD therapies.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Key Marketed Products
4 Pipeline Landscape Assessment
5 Multi-Scenario Market Forecast to 2022
6 Company Analysis and Positioning
7 Strategic Consolidations
- Bristol-Myers Squibb and Pfizer
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Merck & Co
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ll93hj/global
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets