DUBLIN, Jan. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nh55tc/cancer_diagnostic) has announced the addition of the "Cancer Diagnostic Testing World Markets" report to their offering.
Cancer testing is one of the most important growth opportunities for the next three to five years in the diagnostics segment. The National Cancer Institute estimates that about ten million Americans have or have had some form of cancer. Overall costs of the disease are $126 billion annually. Pharmaceutical companies are developing more than 300 new medicines for cancer, some of which are in development for more than one type of the disease, for a total of more than 500 ongoing R&D projects.
The goal of this report is to review the market for tumor marker testing equipment and supplies using screening reagents and instruments for analysis of individual components in blood, serum or plasma. It defines the dollar volume of sales, both worldwide and in the U.S., and analyzes the factors that influence the size and the growth of the market segments. Also examined are the subsections of each market segment, including: the physician office labs, hospital labs and commercial laboratories.
Additionally, the numbers of institutions using this type of testing and the factors that influence purchases are discussed. The report surveys almost all of the companies known to be marketing, manufacturing or developing instruments and reagents for the clinical point-of-care market in the U.S. Each company is discussed in depth with a section on its history, product line, business and marketing analysis, and a subjective commentary of the company's market position.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Introduction to Cancer Biology and the Diagnostic Industry
3. Tumor Markers Market Segment Analysis: Size, Growth and Share
4. Diagnostic Methods for Cancer Detection
5. Implications of Molecular Biology for New Diagnostic Cancer Tests
6. Companies Entering the Cancer Diagnostics Market with Novel Technology Platforms
7. Business Trends in the Industry
8. Tumor Marker Testing: Important Issues
9. Important New Technology Areas
10. New Cancer Markers in Basic Research
11. Market Trends and Forecasts
Companies Mentioned - Partial List
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Affymetrix, Inc.
- Agendia BV
- Ambrilia Biopharma, Inc.
- AMDL, Inc.
- Asuragen, Inc.
- Aureon Laboratories, Inc.
- Bard Diagnostics, Inc.
- Beckman, Dickinson and Company (BD) Diagnostics - TriPath
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Biocode S.A.
- Biomedical Diagnostics
- BioModa, Inc.
- Bruker Daltonics
- Byk Gulden
- Clarient, Inc.
- Correlogic Systems, Inc.
- CytoCore (formerly Molecular Diagnostics, Inc.)
- Cytogen Corporation (now EUSA Pharma)
- diaDexus, Inc.
- DiagnoCure, Inc.
- Diagnostic Automation / Cortez Diagnostics, Inc.
- DRG International, Inc.
- Eisai Co., Ltd.
- Enigma Diagnostics Ltd.
- Epigenomics AG
- Exact Sciences Corporation
- Exagen Diagnostics, Inc.
- Fujirebio Diagnostics, Inc.
- Gene Logic, Inc.
- Gen-Probe, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nh55tc/cancer_diagnostic
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets