DUBLIN, Oct. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zg9h9r/biometrics) has announced the addition of Wintergreen Research, Inc's new report "Biometrics: Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2015-2021" to their offering.
The study is designed to give a comprehensive overview of the Biometrics market segment. Research represents a selection from the mountains of data available of the most relevant and cogent market materials, with selections made by the most senior analysts. Commentary on every aspect of the market from independent analysts creates an independent perspective in the evaluation of the market. In this manner the study presents a comprehensive overview of what is going on in this market, assisting managers with designing market strategies likely to succeed.
Biometric identity units provide security protection. Units are comprised of integrated biometric capture devices and readers, systems to store and use the biometric identifiers. Biometrics units are comprised of fingerprint systems, facial recognition, iris scans, and biometric signatures. They include data encoders. Data encoders may be implemented as a bar coder or document scanner. Units are sometimes contained in ruggedized briefcases for military, public safety, and civil identification applications.
Advances in technology, miniaturization, and improved mobile device technology enable uses previously thought impossible, or never even imagined. Voter registration in low-literacy economies is now economical. Identifying persons of interest in a crowd can be done with biometrics. Growth of biometric technologies has been in response to global security threats. Terrorist attacks, airport security initiatives, and attempts to lower crime rates have brought an increasing investment in biometric security systems.
Government projects include ePassports, eDriving licenses, border management, and national IDs. These initiatives have been implemented in developed countries. A rise in government projects has been seen as terrorists become an increasing threat. This has been accompanied by increasing data security concerns. There is a need for advanced security devices.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Biometrics Market Description and Market Dynamics
2. Biometrics Market Shares and Market Forecasts
3. Biometrics Product Description
4. Biometrics Technology
5. Biometrics Company Description
- 3M - Agnitio - Amano USA Holdings, Inc / AccuTime Systems - Apple - AuthenTec - Atos - Aware - Bethcom - BIO-key - Cognitec Systems - Communication Intelligence - Corporation - Cross Match / Francisco Partners - CSC - Daon - Dialog Semiconductor / Atmel - Diamond Fortress - EgisTec - FaceFirst - Fingerprint Cards AB - FotoNation - Fujitsu - Gemalto - Gemalto Group /Avalon - Biometrics - Google - Goodix Technology - Green Bit - IBM Facial Recognition - IdentiPHI - Idex - IDtech360 - Integrated Biometrics - Intel - Interlink Electronics - Iris ID Systems - IriTech - RDSK / Litronic - M2SYS - Mereal Biometrics - Merkatum Biometrics Security & ID - Mobbeel - Mobizent - NEC - Next Biommetrics - NitGen & Company - Nuance - Precise Biometrics - Qualcom - Reserve Group / Integrated - Biometrics - Safran Morpho - Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) - SecuGen - SIC Biometrics - SmartMetric - Smiths Detection - Steria - STMicroelectronics - Suprema - Symantec - Synaptics - Tyco Integrated Security - UnionCommunity / Virdi - United Technologies Corporation / UTC Building & Industrial Systems / Supra - Vision-Box - WCC Smart Search & Match - WHO - Witswell Consulting and Services/ Cyber-SIGN - Zvetco Biometrics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zg9h9r/biometrics
Source: Wintergreen Research, Inc
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets