The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2015 through 2024. Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Automotive Transmission Systems in Number of Units Factory Fitted in Light Vehicles in Thousand Units by the following Segments:
Automated Manual Transmissions
Continuously Variable Transmissions
Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT)
Other Transmission Systems
The report profiles 61 companies including many key and niche players such as:
Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
Eaton Corporation Plc
FPT Industrial S.p.A.
General Motors Company
Honda Transmission Manufacturing of America, Inc.
Hyundai Motor Company
Magna International, Inc.
Shaanxi Fast Auto Drive Group Company
ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Key Topics Covered:
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW Transmission Systems: Powering the Propulsive System & Moving the Automotive Industry Forward Impact of Economic Upheavals in the Recent Past: A Retrospective Review Developing Countries Spearhead Current and Future Market Growth Market Outlook Asia-Pacific: The Fastest Growing Market for Automotive Transmission Systems DCT Market Poised for Impressive Growth
2. NOTEWORTHY MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS Asia to Emerge into the Largest Production Hub for Transmission Systems Ease of Gear Changing On Congested Roads Drives the Shift towards Automatic Transmission Systems Regulatory Pressure to Improve Fuel Economy Spurs Demand for High-Speed Transmission Systems The Gear Count Marches on Spiraling Focus on Hybrid Electric Vehicles Paves the Way for Electrification of Transmission Systems Developments in Automotive Electronics Drives Improvements in Electronic Transmissions Focus on Fuel Efficiency Drives Demand for Lightweight Transmission Systems CVT Technology Makes a Determined Comeback DCT: The Transmission Technology of the Future Automatic Vis--Vis Manual Transmissions Performance Pricing and Maintenance Cost Fuel Economy Key Technology Trends in Automotive Transmissions Market Technology Developments to Benefit the Market Technische Universitt Mnchen Develops Lightweight Torque Vectoring Transmission Researchers Develop Advanced Gearbox to Eliminate Need for Clutches Supporting Technologies Help Improve Transmission Efficiencies Innovation in Transmission Components Surges High A Lightweight Summarization of Select Trends in Transmissions by Type Stable Automobile Production Fuels Growth Opportunities Expanding Middle Class Population in Developing Countries Provides the Right Climate for Broad Based Growth
3. PRODUCT OVERVIEW What is a Transmission? Transmission Components and Their Functioning Planetary Gear Sets Hydraulic System Oil Pump Valve Body Seals and Gaskets Torque Converter Lockup Torque Converter Computer Controls Governor, Throttle Cable, Vacuum Modulator Clutch Packs One-way Clutch Transmission Bands Market Segments: Definitions Manual Transmission Traditional Automatic Transmission Automated Manual Transmission Continuously Variable Transmission Types of CVTs Toroidal CVTs Hydrostatic CVTs Variable Geometry CVT Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) Other Transmission Systems E-Drive EVT
4. PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS/INNOVATIONS General Motors to Roll Out Nine-Speed Automatic Transmission in China Hyundai Motor India Introduces 1.4L Kappa Petrol Engine with 4 Speed Automatic Transmission in Elite i20 Hyundai Motor India Unveils Petrol Automatic Transmission Variant for Creta JATCO Unveils New Line of Transmissions at China's Auto Show Mahindra Voices Intentions to Install AMT in its Vehicles Tata Introduces Nano with AT Suzuki Equips S-Cross DDiS Diesel with AT for the UK Market Mahindra & Mahindra Unveils Next-Gen Scorpio with AT Isuzu Introduces MU-7 Automatic Transmission
5. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY Fuji Heavy Industries Renames the Company as Subaru Dongfeng GETRAG Transmission Commences Production Magna International Acquires GETRAG Group of Companies ElringKlinger Group Takes over M&W Manufacturing Magna International Signs Deal to Take over Getrag
6. FOCUS ON SELECT GLOBAL PLAYERS
7. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Total Companies Profiled: 61 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 79)