DUBLIN, Sept. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global and Chinese Gypsum Board Industry Report, 2014-2016" report to their offering.
Global gypsum board capacity was 12.2 billion square meters in 2013, up 8% from a year earlier, and North America was still the region with the largest capacity, accounting for 34%. However, Asia saw rapid expansion in gypsum board capacity in recent years, lagging only 2 percentage points behind North America in 2013. And, it is expected that Asia will surpass North America to be the world's largest gypsum board production base.
China's gypsum board output has been growing quickly during 2006-2013, at an average annual growth rate of 20.9%, and reached 2.7 billion square meters in 2013, a year-on-year jump of 27.3%. In 2013, 39.4% of China's total gypsum board output was produced in East China, the largest producing region in the country. Demand for gypsum board in 2013 was 2.57 billion square meters, predominantly contributed by nonresidential public decoration.
Beijing New Building Materials Public Limited Company is the largest gypsum board manufacturer around the world with the capacity of 1.65 billion square meters in 2013, occupying 47% of the Chinese gypsum board market. But most of local Chinese gypsum board producers are generally small in production scale and lack of market competitiveness. The companies that can compete with BNBM include mainly German Knauf, Australian BORAL, French Saint-Gobain and other foreign companies, with the former three companies taking up about 12% of the Chinese gypsum board market in 2013.
A glimpse of development trends of global gypsum board industry will enable us to find that the industry is shifting from North America to Asia, where most new gypsum board capacity will come. Over the next 2-3 years, hit by the national ban that the construction of buildings (including office building, conference building, auditorium, hostel, exhibition hall, memorial hall, club, sanatorium for army officer, nursing home and cadres dormitory and ward with high-grade decoration) be further restricted, the demand from governments will continue to decline, but favorable factors like steady rise in urbanization rate and renovation of shanty towns will prop up the growth of China gypsum board industry.
KEY TOPICS COVERED
- Development of global gypsum board industry (overview and market supply & demand);
- Development of gypsum board industry in major countries (including the United States, Britain, Russia, Japan and four countries in Southeast Asia);
- Gypsum board supply and demand in China, forecast for next three years, and competitive landscape (regional competition and competition among enterprises)
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Gypsum Products
2. Development of Global Gypsum Board Industry
3. Development of China Gypsum Board Industry
4. Major Foreign Gypsum Board Companies
5. Major Chinese Gypsum Board Manufacturers
6. Summary and Forecast
- Baier Group
- Beijing New Building Material
- Dehua TB New Decoration Material
- Hangzhou King Coconut Holding Group
- Hunan Xuefeng Building Material
- National Gypsum (NGC)
- Pingyi Zhongxing Paper-faced Plasterboard
- Yoshino Gypsum
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7g7p7x/global_and
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets