DUBLIN, Mar. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6jw9sq/global_and_china) has announced the addition of the "Global and China Solar Cell Paste Industry Report, 2014-2017" report to their offering.
Solar cell paste, an electronic paste for the production of crystalline silicon solar cell, consists of frontside Ag paste, backside Al paste, and backside Ag paste, and accounts for about 20% of solar cell costs, serving as key fundamental material in photovoltaic industry.
Being a kind of clean, stable and renewable energy, solar energy is one of the best approaches to solve energy shortage and environmental pollution. Against the background of global energy conservation and emission reduction, governments around the world have enacted a host of incentive policies to promote the development of PV industry, driving rapid growth in demand for solar cell. In 2014, global cumulative installed PV capacity approximated 184.6GW, registering a high CAGR of 45% over the past five years.
The consumption of solar cell paste in solar cell is relatively fixed, and growth in solar cell output directly spurs demand for solar cell paste. In 2014, global demand for solar cell paste reached around 18,000 tons, supplied mainly by U.S. DuPont, German Heraeus, and Taiwanese Giga Solar Materials, which took a combined market share of roughly 90%.
China is a nation with a large PV industry, with solar module output standing at about 30GW in 2014, making up more than 60% of the global total, creating theoretical solar cell paste demand of over 11,000 tons. However, as some companies directly imported solar cell or had Taiwanese firms manufacture solar cell, China's actual demand for solar cell paste is lower than theoretical amount.
China started late in solar cell paste industry, technologically lagging far behind large international companies. At present, among all solar cell paste products in China, localization rate of Al paste is as high as 90%, with Guangzhou Ruxing Technology Development Co., Ltd occupying over 50% of the domestic market; Ag paste relies heavily on imports, with more than 80% market shares controlled by DuPont, Heraeus, and Giga Solar Materials.
However, thanks to multiple supportive policies introduced by the State, a number of local manufacturers have emerged in solar cell paste industry in China. In 2014, solar cell paste capacity of Hunan LEED Thick Film Paste Co., Ltd. totaled about 3,600 tons; Jiangsu Hoyi Technology Co., Ltd shipped around 780 tons of Al paste and 12 tons or so of Ag paste for back surfaces, and Ag for front surfaces will be sold from 2015.
Global and China Solar Cell Paste Industry Report, 2014-2017 by ResearchInChina focuses on the following:
- Global and China's solar cell paste demand, competitive landscape, and development forecast
- Global installed PV capacity, supply & demand, competitive landscape, and development forecast
- China's installed PV capacity, supply & demand, import & export, and development forecast
- Operation, solar cell paste business, and development forecast of 14 global and Chinese solar cell paste manufacturers
- Giga Solar Materials
- Suzhou Good-Ark Electronics Co. Ltd.
- EGing Photovoltaic Technology Co., Ltd
- Jiangsu Hoyi Technology Co., Ltd
- Hunan LEED Thick Film Paste Co., Ltd.
- Xi'an Hongxing Electronic Paste Co., Ltd
- Guangzhou Ruxing Technology Development Co., Ltd
- Wuhan Supernano Optoelec Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Daejoo Electronic Materials Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Full Power Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hangzhou Rightsilver Electronic Materials Co., Ltd
- Zhejiang Gonda Electronic Technology Co., Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6jw9sq/global_and_china
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets