DUBLIN, Oct. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global and China Li-ion Power Battery Industry Report, 2014-2016" report to their offering.
In 2013, the sales volume of global electric vehicles reached 228,000 vehicles, including 95,000 PHEVs and 133,000 BEVs. With the further promotion of electric vehicles globally, the sales volume will rise to 700,000 vehicles by 2016.
The global demand for electric vehicle power batteries came to 5,662MWh in 2013; however, following the rising electric vehicle sales and battery capacity per vehicle, the figure is expected to climb to 31,100MWh by 2016.
Currently, the global power batteries develop mainly in the following three technology roadmaps:
(1) Manganese-based. This type of batteries uses LMO as cathode materials. Typically, however, after modification treatment, they are mixed with a small amount of NCM or LNO to increase their energy density. This is mainly represented by the foreign companiesincluding LGC, AESC, and LEJ, as well as the Chinese company CITIC GUOAN MGL. Now, this has become the mainstream technology roadmap in the field of global electric vehicles.
(2) Ternary materials-based. This mainly takes NCA and NCM as cathode materials. NCM-based batteries have high energy density, but with higher costs than that of LMO batteries. The typical companies consist of SDI and SKI from abroad and the Chinese Lishen and Wangxiang Group, etc. NCA adopts 18650-type battery, which is mainly used in Tesla, with the highest energy density for now. But because of poor safety performance, the advanced BMS is needed to monitor the operating condition of the battery. Thus, the battery has not been widely used.
(3) LFP-based. Canada and the United States were the first to develop power battery technology, with main patent owners including the U.S. Valence, A123 and University of Texas, and the Canadian Phostech and Hydro-Quebec. On the other hand, there are numerous power battery companies in China such as BYD and Hefei Guoxuan High-Tech Power Energy Co.,Ltd that adopt the LFP technology, but the LFP battery has many problems and was not made available around the world.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction to Power Lithium Battery
2. Power Lithium Battery Industry Chain Analysis
3. Global Electric Vehicle Market
4. Global Power Lithium Battery Industry
5. Major Power Lithium Battery Manufacturers in Korea
6. Lithium-ion Power Battery Companies in Japan
7. Major Power Lithium Battery Manufacturers in Europe and America
8. Major Chinese Power Battery Companies
- Amperex Technology
- BYD Company
- Beijing Pride Power System Technology
- CITIC GUOAN Mengguli
- China Aviation Lithium Battery
- China BAK Battery
- Hefei Guoxuan High-tech Power Energy
- LG Chemical
- SK Innovation
- Sinopoly Battery
- Tianjin Lishen Battery Joint-Stock
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ncw7fr/global_and_china
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets