DUBLIN, October 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Age-related Macular Degeneration Market 2016-2020" report to their offering.
The global age-related macular degeneration (AMD) market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 7.37% during the period 2016-2020.
According to the report, one of the key drivers for market growth will be increasing reimbursement benefits for AMD drugs. Medicare creates a national reimbursement rate depends on the average selling price of the drug.
In this case, the agency pays approximately almost 80% of the ranibizumab and bevacizumab injection, leaving 20% of the drug cost to be co-paid. Medicare Part B (insurance) also covers specific diagnostic tests and treatment of conditions and diseases of the eye, including treatment with specific injected drugs.
Further, the report states that the lack of trained ophthalmologists who have expertise in treating eye disorders such as AMD is one of the key challenges in the market. Although the number of people diagnosed with or prone to eyesight disorders has been on the rise every year, there are not enough trained and experienced eye care professionals (ophthalmologists, optometrists, ophthalmic assistants, and ophthalmic nurses) to treat eye disorders.
For instance, in Europe, there is just one ophthalmologist for every 8,000 people. The situation is worse in low- and middle-income countries such as India, where there is just one ophthalmologist for every 200,000 people. This poses a significant challenge to the growth of the market.
- What will the market size be in 2020 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
- Bayer HealthCare
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- Adverum Biotechnologies
- Bausch + Lomb
- Gilead Sciences
- Iconic Therapeutics
- Neurotech Pharmaceuticals
- Ohr Pharmaceutical
- Resolvyx Pharmaceuticals
- RXi Pharmaceuticals
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals
- Santen Pharmaceuticals
- Sanwa Kagaku Kenkyusho
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
PART 03: Market research methodology
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Key buying criteria
PART 06: AMD: Overview
PART 07: Pipeline portfolio
PART 08: Market landscape
PART 09: Market analysis of major drugs
PART 10: Market segmentation by type
PART 11: Market segmentation by ROA
PART 12: Geographical segmentation
PART 13: Market drivers
PART 14: Impact of drivers
PART 15: Market challenges
PART 16: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 17: Market trends
PART 18: Vendor landscape
PART 19: Key vendor analysis
PART 20: Appendix
PART 21: About the Author
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nlt2hr/global
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets