DUBLIN, Dec. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nrbfb9/global_activated) has announced the addition of the "Global Activated Carbon Market Forecast and Opportunities, 2019" report to their offering.
Mounting environmental pollution is becoming a huge cause of concern for developed as well as developing countries, globally. Governments across the globe are becoming increasingly concerned about deteriorating quality of air and water, and subsequently framing stringent policies to keep a tab on pollution levels. Rising environmental awareness is triggering the demand for products, systems or solutions that can effectively counter the adverse effects of widespread environmental pollution.
Activated carbon, characterized by its exceptional adsorption properties, has been identified as an effective solution for air and water pollution control, which is driving its demand in both mature and emerging markets across the globe. Besides drinking water treatment and air purification, activated carbon is also actively used in controlling mercury emissions, caused by burning of coal in power plants. With growing use in diverse end user industries, such as mining, food & beverage, pharmaceuticals and chemical & petrochemical, the global market for activated carbon is expected to post strong growth over the next five years.
According to "Global Activated Carbon Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019", the global market for activated carbon is projected to grow at a robust CAGR of 12% until 2019. Asia-Pacific and North America are the two major markets for activated carbon, comprising more than 75% of the global sales in 2013. The United States is the largest market for activated carbon globally, though demand is also growing consistently in developing countries, especially in China, India and South Korea.
The two widely available forms are powdered activated carbon (PAC) and granular activated carbon (GAC), with the former accounting for majority share in terms of the type of activated carbon used. Coal is still used as the most common raw material for manufacturing activated carbon, though use of other materials such as coconut shell is forecast to increase in the coming years. Calgon Carbon, Cabot Norit, Osaka Gas Chemicals, Kuraray Chemicals and Mead Westvaco are some of the leading players in the global activated carbon market.
Global Activated Carbon Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019 discusses following aspects related to the global market for activated carbon:
- Global Activated Carbon Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis: By Raw Material, By Type, By Application, By Company
- Regional Analysis: Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Methodology
2. Analyst View
3. Activated Carbon Overview
4. Global Activated Carbon Market Outlook
5. Asia-Pacific Activated Carbon Market Outlook
6. Americas Activated Carbon Market Outlook
7. Europe Activated Carbon Market Outlook
8. Import / Export Analysis
9. Market Dynamics
10. Market Trends & Developments
11. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
12. Competitive Landscape
13. Strategic Recommendations
- ADA Carbon Solutions, LLC
- Albemarle Corporation
- CECA Specialty Chemicals
- Cabot Norit Activated Carbon
- Calgon Carbon Corporation
- CarboTech AC GmbH
- China Fujian Zhixing Activated Carbon Co., Ltd.
- DESOTEC Activated Carbon
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- Haycarb PLC
- Indo German Carbons Limited
- Kuraray Co., Ltd.
- MeadWestvaco Corporation
- Ningxia Huahui Activated Carbon Company Ltd.
- Osaka Gas Chemicals Co., Limited
- Oxbow Carbon LLC
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nrbfb9/global_activated
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets