DUBLIN, October 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Applications and Global Markets for Nanoelectromechanical Systems (NEMS)" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The Global Nanoelectromechanical Systems (NEMS) Market is Expected to Grow from $11.3 Million in 2016 to $55.4 Million by 2021, with a CAGR of 37.4% for the Period of 2016-2021.
- An overview of the global nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) market
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021
- Information on major applications for NEMS, including the semiconductor industry, automotives, industrial processes and controls, the medical sector, and communications
- In-depth market analysis, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- A breakdown of the NEMS market by product type, technology, application, material, components, and region
- A look at government regulations and the industry structure
- Patent analysis
- Profiles of major players in the industry
The global NEMS market is segmented into nanorelays and switches, nanotweezers, nanoactuators, nanosensors, nanoresonators, gyroscopes, nanoaccelerometers, nanorobots and others. The market can then be further categorized based on fabrication technology into top-down approach and bottom-up approaches.
The current market for NEMS devices is in its infancy, and thus extensive research and development (R&D) in the field of nanotechnology and nanomaterials are still in progress. This market, however, is expected to see robust growth during the forecast period, which is attributed to its advantages, including high resonating frequency, low energy consumption, size reduction, multiple frequencies on a single chip and cost reduction by integrated circuit (IC) integration offered by NEMS devices. NEMS is expected to emerge as an enabling technology that merges life sciences with engineering, which is further expected to open up new opportunities in the coming years.
The NEMS market is expected to experience double-digit growth rate during the forecast period from 2016 to 2021. The major factor driving the growth of the NEMS market is increasing demand for miniaturization of electronic components from end-user industries, such as medical and consumer electronics. Increasing investment by government bodies and private organizations for research and development in the field of nanotechnology is also boosting market growth. The NEMS market is expected to see significant growth due to the technological advancements of nanocomponents and nanomaterials during the forecast period. The rising demand for high-precision microscopes is accelerating the overall NEMS market.
A lack of standardized process and mass manufacturing techniques is leading to difficulties in manufacturing NEMS, which poses as a major restraint in the growth of the global NEMS market. Substantially high prices of nanoscale components used for manufacturing NEMS will also hinder market growth during the forecast period. Nevertheless, surges in NEMS applications in end-user industries such as consumer electronics and medical are expected to create new opportunities in the global NEMS market.
Key Topics Covered:
2: Summary and Highlights
3: History and Current State of the Nanoelectromechanical Systems Market
- History and Evolution of NEMS
- MEMS and NEMS
- Value Chain Analysis
- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- Technological Overview
4: Global Nanoelectromechanical Systems Market by Product Type
- Market Dynamics
- Nanorelays and Switches
- Nanoactuators and Rotational Motors
5: Global Nanoelectromechanical Systems Market by Application
- Semiconductor Industry
- Monitoring and Detection
- Industrial Process and Control
- Medical Sector
- Military and Defense
6: Global Nanoelectromechanical Systems Market by Material Type
- Graphene-Based NEMS
- Silicon-Based NEMS
- Silicon Carbide-Based NEMS
- Indium Arsenide-Based NEMS
- Gold- and Platinum-Based NEMS
- Gallium Arsenide-Based NEMS
7: Global Nanoelectromechanical Systems by Region
8: Global Nanoelectromechanical Systems Market, by Application
- Semiconductor Industry Market
- Automotive Market
- Monitoring and Detection Market
- Industrial Process and Control Market
- Communication Market
- Medical Sector Market
- Military and Defense Market
- Others Market
9: Global Nanoelectromechanical Systems Market, by Product Type
- Nanorelays and Switches Market
- Nanotweezer Market
- BioNEMS Market
- Nanoactuators Market
- Nanosensor Market
- Nanoresonator Market
- Gyroscope Market
- Nanoaccelerometer Market
- Nanorobot Market
- Others Market
10: Patent Analysis
11: Company Profiles
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Amprius Inc.
- Analog Devices Inc.
- Broadcom Corp.
- Bruker Corp.
- Cavendish Kinetics Inc.
- Cnano Technology Limited
- Graphene Frontiers
- Infineon Technologies Ag
- Inframat Corp.
- Materials And Electrochemicals Research Corp.
- Nanocyl S.A.
- Nanoshel Llc
- Panasonic Corp.
- Raith Gmbh
- Robert Bosch Gmbh
- Sensata Technologies Inc.
- Showa Denko K.K.
- Sun Innovations Inc.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Veeco Instruments Inc.
- Vistec Electron Beam Gmbh
- Zyvex Technologies
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gsvrcs/applications_and
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets