FELTON, California, October 3, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global 3D scanner market size is projected to reach USD 3.8 billion by 2025. Increasing adoption in healthcare industry for making customized gloves and prosthetics is expected to drive the market over the projected period. Medical industry is one of the potential end-use markets generating demand for high-end portable/handheld scanners as they are preferred at medical specialties.
Ability to obtain comprehensive information and geometry of vehicle parts is anticipated to escalate the usage of 3D scanners in the automotive industry. For instance, automotive industry adopted SMARTTECH 3D scanner to build a supercar. Production of prototypes to achieve precision and durability in sports car becomes easier with the help of these scanners.
Accurate and textured 3D models of objects including motorcycle exhaust system and alloy wheel is expected to boost demand for structured light scanners over the forecast period. Taking precise measurements in sharp resolution and effective scanning increases their scope of application. Structured light scanners are ideal for capturing objects of various kinds including the ones with black and shiny surfaces.
Fast and thorough indoor and outdoor three-dimensional measurement is expected to promote product demand. Moreover, growing scope of application in oil and gas industries for pipeline surveying is considered as one of the key growth drivers for the 3D scanner market. Constant technological developments to attain high efficiency and rising consumer awareness are expected to further drive the market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Global 3D Scanner Market Size and Forecast, By Product (Laser scanner, Optical scanner, Structured light scanner), By Range (Short range, Medium range, Large range), By Application, And Trend Analysis, 2015 - 2025" at: https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/3d-scanner-market
Adoption of strategies such as mergers and acquisitions and new product developments by manufacturers to ensure sustainability will create a favorable scenario for 3D scanners throughout the forecast period. For instance, in 2016, SHINING 3D, a Chinese 3D digitizing and printing enterprise, signed an agreement with KS DESIGN LAB from Japan to market its EinScan-Pro and EinScan-S 3D scanners. In addition, in April 2017, FARO Technologies, Inc. acquired Nutfield Technology, a laser scanner manufacturer to expand its geographical presence and product portfolio.
Growing demand for smaller, portable, and plug and play solutions for high-resolution and accurate scans has created opportunities for companies to integrate and expand their product portfolio. For instance, in November 2017, Leica Geosystems, specializing in measurement technology, announced new ScanStation P50 3D scanner, which offers a scanning range capability of more than one-kilometer. In April 2018, Artec 3D, developer and manufacturer of 3D software and hardware, announced integration of handheld scanners with Geomagic freeform software to streamline workflow for manufacturing ready design.
Manufacturers in 3D scanner market focus on product development to sustain the stern competition. Some of the key market players include Hexagon AB; CREAFORM; Artec 3D; FARO Technologies, Inc.; 3D Digital Corp.; Surphaser; Topcon Corporation, Maptek Softwares LLP; and ShapeGrabber, Inc.
Browse related reports by Hexa Research:
- Helideck Monitoring System Market - Global helideck monitoring system market size was valued at USD 187.5 million in 2017. Increasing maritime trade and vessel traffic is expected to drive the market over the projected period. Growing importance of maritime transport for trade and development will also spur adoption of these system in near future.
- Silicon Wafer Market - Global silicon wafer market size was estimated at USD 7.21 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow due to the rising use of semiconductors in various industry verticals such as automotive, consumer electronics, medical and military. Silicon wafer is used as a substrate in the fabrication of semiconductor components such as ICs.
- High-Brightness LED Market - Global high-brightness (HB) LED market was valued at USD 15.6 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow on account of its increasing demand in various applications including lighting for automobiles and electronics. Increasing sales of these segments are expected to provide an impetus to the growth of the market over the projected years.
- Laser Marking Machine Market - Global laser marking machine market size was estimated at USD 2.21 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow due to its increasing utilization worldwide. The absence of substitute technologies is expected to provide an impetus to the growth of the market over the next few years.
Hexa Research has segmented the global 3D scanner market report based on product, range, and application:
Segmentation by Product
• Laser Scanner
• Optical Scanner
• Structured Light Scanner
Segmentation by Range
• Short Range
• Medium Range
• Large Range
Segmentation by Application
• Aerospace & Defense
• Architecture & Engineering
• Industrial manufacturing
Key players analyzed:
• RH Marine
• Kongsberg Gruppen
About Hexa Research
Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Toll Free: 1-800-489-3075
SOURCE Hexa Research