DUBLIN, Jan. 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Automotive Glazing Market Analysis By Product (Tempered & Laminated Glass, Polycarbonate), By Application (Front & Rear Windshield, Sidelites, Sunroof), By End-use, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global automotive glazing market is expected to reach USD 33.02 billion by 2025
Rising demand for advanced passenger protection in automobile owing to rising road fatalities is expected to propel growth for glazing systems.
Automotive production volume is the primary factor influencing the industry trends. Growing acceptance of lightweight components in cars contributing to improved fuel efficiency is expected to propel industry growth. Innovations in the glazing technology by industry players to offer high impact bearing materials with attractive colors and designs is likely to drive demand.
Nippon Sheet Glass Company Limited (NSG), Asahi, Saint Gobain S.A. and Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co., Ltd. together dominated the industry in 2016 accounting over 70% of the overall demand. The new entrants are likely to face a threat from these giants owing to their large production capacities, well-established consumer base, and the broad geographical reach.
Glass has been dominating the industry and accounted for a share of over 95% of the overall consumption in 2016. However, rising inclination of automotive manufacturers to replace the glass with lightweight polycarbonate materials is expected to hamper its share. As a result, the industry players are likely to invest in plastic glazing technologies to meet the rising product demand.
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The product penetration is anticipated to be the highest for passenger cars owing to growing production volumes as compared to its counterparts coupled with high demand for lightweight vehicles with panoramic roofs and better aesthetics
- The demand in Europe was valued at USD 7.08 billion in 2016, which is attributed to the presence major car manufacturers in the region including Volkswagen, Fiat, and Daimler AG in the region
- The polycarbonate demand in the industry was USD 1.42 billion in 2016 and is likely to grow at a CAGR of 12.8% from 2017 to 2025, on account of its high impact resistance, thermal strength, and ease in designing as compared to its counterparts
- India is expected to be the fastest growing market in Asia Pacific growing at a CAGR of 7.7% from 2017 to 2025, owing to high investments in the automotive manufacturing sector by international players
- Regional expansion and product innovation to meet the standards required in innovative car designs are the key strategies undertaken by the manufacturers to strengthen their foothold in the industry
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. Research Scope & Assumptions
1.3. List of Data Sources
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Market snapshot
Chapter 3. Market variables, Trend and Scope
3.1. Automotive Glazing - Market segmentation and scope
3.2. Automotive Glazing - Value chain analysis
3.3. Raw Material Outlook
3.3.1. Soda Ash
3.4. Technology Overview
3.5. Regulatory Framework
3.6. Market dynamics
3.6.1. Market driver analysis
3.6.2. Market restraint analysis
3.7. Automotive Glazing Market - Market Dynamics
3.7.1. Market driver analysis
220.127.116.11. Increasing automotive production volumes
18.104.22.168. Rising demand for electric and hybrid vehicles
3.7.2. Market restraint analysis
22.214.171.124. Regulations in automotive manufacturing sector
3.8. Industry Analysis-Porter's
3.9. PESTEL analysis
Chapter 4. Automotive Glazing Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1. Market: Product movement analysis, 2016 & 2025
4.2. Tempered glass
4.3. Laminated glass
Chapter 5. Automotive Glazing Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1. Market: Application movement analysis, 2016 & 2025
5.2. Front windshield
5.4. Rear windshield
Chapter 6. Automotive Glazing Market: End-Use Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1. Market: End-use movement analysis, 2016 & 2025
6.2. Passenger Cars
Chapter 7. Automotive Glazing Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 8. Competitive Landscape
8.1. Competitive Landscape
8.2. Vendor Landscape
8.3. Competitive Environment
8.4. Competitive Market Positioning
8.5. Market Participation Categorization
Chapter 9. Company Profiles
- Fuyao Group
- Asahi Glass Co. Ltd.
- Central Glass
- Pittsburgh Glass works LLC
- Xinyi Glass holdings Limited
- Covestro A G.
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation(SABIC)
- Webasto Roof Systems Inc.
- Mitsubishi Engg Plastics Corp.
- Trinseo S.A.
- CHI MEI CorporatCompany Overview
- Guardian Industries Corp.
- Saint Gobain S.A
- Nippon Sheet Glass Company Limited (NSG)
- Corning Incorporated.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/stl6fj/global_33_02_bn?w=5
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets