DUBLIN, May 07, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8s9xdw/2d_xray) has announced the addition of Wintergreen Research, Inc's new report "2D X-Ray Equipment: Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2015 to 2021" to their offering.
Consideration of the 2-D X-Ray market forecasts indicates that markets at $5 billion in 2014 will reach $16.9 billion by 2021
Worldwide 2-D X-Ray equipment markets are increasingly diversified, poised to achieve significant growth as new technology breathes new life into a saturated market, forcing every facility to upgrade its existing x-ray equipment to have digital and therapeutic capability.
Any hospital that wishes to remain competitive needs to invest in new 2-D x-ray equipment. As patients become more conscious of the risks associated with radiation doses. They increasingly demand the lowest dose available and will shop around until they find a hospital that suits their needs. Clinicians and providers are the same way.
Worldwide digital X-ray applications are implemented with different technologies. Portability has become a major market factor. Products are customized to fit the needs of the clinician end user. Price and geography play a major part in the market. They are positioned in the market by application. Growth is anticipated based on technological advances, government investment, aging population, increase in disease prevalence, and the increasing competition from larger numbers of systems being approved. X-Ray technology is far less expensive and results in as much as 400 times less dosage to the patient than a CT scan.
Growth comes as the aging of the population increases demand for diagnostic and therapeutic equipment, as the major underdeveloped regions, particularly China build out improved health care facilities, and as improved diagnostics and therapeutics available from the 2-D x-ray equipment create increased demand from clinicians for modern equipment.
You Must Have This Study:
- Move to replace all analog systems with new digital ones
- More than half of installed base is still analog
- Improved image quality, diagnostics and therapeutics
- Aging of the population needing more diagnosis
- Increase in incidence of disease needing more diagnosis
- Patients demand less radiation, more than half of all cancers due to medical radiation exposure
- Find attractive price points for digital 2-D X-ray units
- Achieve global marketing presence
- Achieve competitive advantage in a mature market where vendors have well defined customer bases
- Philips Healthcare Siemens
- GE Healthcare Shimadzu
- Varian Canon
- AGFA Toshiba Medical Systems
- China Resources Hitachi Medical
- Hologic Onex / Carestream Health
- FujiMedical systems
- 20/20 Imaging
- Agfa Healthcare
- Allengers Medical Systems
- Analogic Corp.
- Biolase Technology
- China Resources Wandong
- Medical Equipment
- CMT Medical Technologies
- EOS Imaging
- Fujifilm Holdings
- GE Healthcare
- General Medical Merate
- Hitachi Medical
- Hudson Digital Systems'
- Imaging Dynamics Company,
- Ltd. (IDC)
- Neusoft Medical
- Onex / Carestream Health
- Pegasus Software
- Philips Healthcare
- Samsung Electronics
- Sectra AB
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Siemens Healthcare
- Sirona Dental Inc.
- Sodium Dental X-ray Sensor
- Swissray International
- VuComp Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8s9xdw/2d_xray
Source: Wintergreen Research, Inc
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets