DUBLIN, October 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Global Artificial Joints Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2017 - 2025" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The global artificial joints market was valued at US$ 17.13 Bn in 2016, and is expected to reach US$ 25.31 Bn by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2017 - 2025.
Based on applications, the global artificial joints market is categorized into artificial joints of knee, hip, shoulder and other. In the base year 2015, it is observed that artificial joints of knee segment holds the largest market share. Factors such growing aging population, consequently increasing incidence of age related musculoskeletal diseases such as arthritis and osteoporosis, rising obese population are majorly contributing to the demand for of knee and hip replacement surgeries, and consequently respective implants.
The artificial joints market is currently dominated by North America due to continuous increase in obese population, higher cost of implantable joints, technological advancement, rising geriatric population, upsurge in funding by government agencies and private organizations in healthcare. California, Florida and Texas are major revenue contributing regions in North America. It is observed that Europe is the second largest revenue generating segment in the global artificial joints market. Austria, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland are major revenue contributing countries in Europe. Factors such as increasing demand for the minimally invasive surgeries, higher cost of replacement devices, growth in health expenditure and technological advancement drive the market growth in Europe.
Key Market Movements:
- Factors such as increasing geriatric population, rising incidence of osteoarthritis and arthritis would further drive the market growth of global artificial joints market.
- Increasing obese population, rising unhealthy eating habits which in turn result in obesity tend to increase knee and hip replacement surgeries increase the size of global artificial joints market.
- Osteoarthritis is one of the ten most disabling diseases in developed countries also adults younger than age 60 undergoing total knee and hip replacement surgeries contributing the market growth in developed countries.
- However, factors such as high cost of surgery, post-surgical complications and increasing awareness for some non-surgical treatment may negatively impact the market growth of global artificial joints market.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
2.1. Artificial Joints Market Snapshot
2.2. Artificial Joints Market, by Product type, 2015 (US$ Mn)
2.3. Artificial Joints Market, by Application, 2015 (US$ Mn)
2.4. Artificial Joints Market, by Geography, 2015 (Value %)
3. Global Artificial Joints Market Analysis
3.1. Artificial Joints Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Attractive Investment Proposition, 2015
3.4. Competitive Landscape Assessment, by Key Market Players
4. Global Artificial Joints Market, by Material, 2015 - 2025 (US$)
5. Global Artificial Joints Market, by Application, 2015 - 2025 (US$)
5.2. Artificial Joints of Knee
5.3. Artificial Joints of Hip
5.4. Artificial Joints of Shoulder
6. Global Artificial Joints Market, by Geography, 2015 - 2025 (US$)
7. Company Profiles
- Aesculap AG
- AK Medical
- Biomet, Inc.
- Depuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson)
- DJO Global, Inc.
- Exactech, Inc.
- Globus Medical
- JRI Orthopaedics
- Medtronic, Inc.
- NuVasive, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew
- Stryker Corp.
- Zimmer Holdings
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2tt32b/global_artificial
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets