DUBLIN, July 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Pharmacogenomics Technology/Theranostics/Companion Diagnostics (CDx) Market Analysis By Therapeutic Area (Oncology Neurological, Cardiovascular, Immunology Disorders), By Technology, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The global pharmacogenomics technology (theranostics and companion diagnostics) market is expected to reach USD 18.3 billion by 2025
Diagnostics is coming to grips with the wave of pharmacogenomic tests that are followed by new biological therapy introductions. These tests enable cost-effective treatment and also add value to the process of drug-development. Advantages associated with the usage of these tests such as disease risk prediction, patient stratification, and therapeutic response monitoring over the traditional methods is anticipated to significant source of progress in this market.
In addition, pharmacogenomics testing products aid physicians in individualizing and optimization of patient's therapeutic regimen. Pharmacogenomics and theranostics are paving the way for integrated medicine. Rapid evolution in this group of specialized molecular diagnostic tests are contributing in improvement for assessment of real-time treatment of disease.
However, presence of challenges pertaining to early integration of pharmacogenomic based testing into drug development time lines for gaining the approval simultaneously is anticipated to impede growth. Proper designing and implementation of clinical trials in order to identify individual as well as population variations from a given therapy has become a necessary attribute for the success of theranostics.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Oncology is estimated to account for the largest revenue share owing to the presence of substantial number of products in this segment
- Furthermore, precision oncology investigators envision in giving multiple medications, in varied sorts of combinations, in an effort to squelch a tumor rather than just temper its growth
- Aforementioned fact is responsible for the estimated revenue share of cancer in pharmacogenomics technology market
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) was the largest revenue grossing segment of the with respect to technology for theranostics
- Advantages associated with the use of the PCR technique makes it current workhorse of clinical diagnostics
- Moreover, reproducible and precise results produced with the assays without sacrificing the sensitivity are responsible for the estimated share
- North American region dominates the market as a consequence of economic incentives for drug developers to pair their products with diagnostics.
- Asia Pacific market is projected to showcase fastest growth over the forecast period as the companies are engaged in capturing untapped opportunities
- Diagnostic companies are positioning themselves to offer theranostic tools by widening the application of in-vitro diagnostic technologies to include more than just disease detection
Key Topics Covered:
1 Research Methodology
2 Executive Summary
3 Pharmacogenomics Technology (Theranostics and Companion Diagnostics) Market Variables, Trends& Scope
4 Pharmacogenomics Technology: Therapeutic Area Estimates & Trend Analysis
5 Pharmacogenomics Technology: Technology Estimates & Trend Analysis
6 Pharmacogenomics Technology: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Therapeutic Area & Application
7 Competitive Landscape
- Illumina Inc.
- F Hoffman La Roche
- Qiagen NV
- Myriad Genetics Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- Foundation Medicine, Inc
- Leica Biosystems Nussloch GmBH
- Merck & Co Inc
- Oxford Cancer Biomarkers Ltd.
- Astra Zeneca
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Focus Diagnostics
- AmeriPath Inc
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Novartis Ag
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cll8tw/pharmacogenomics
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets