DUBLIN, Jan. 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Xylitol - A Global Market Overview" report to their offering.
Global market for xylitol is estimated at 190.9 thousand metric tons, valued at US$725.9 million in 2016 and expected to reach 266.5 thousand metric tons valued at just above US$1 billion by 2022, by growing at robust CAGRs of around 5.7% in terms of both volume and value.
Main growth driver for xylitol, is the growing number of diabetes people around the globe. Number of studies reveals that intake of high caloric sweeteners may increase the risk of obesity and leads to diabetes. Attributed this reason, low-calorie sweeteners usage is expected to increase in specific foods targeted at diabetic people and also at consumers concerning over their weight. Moreover, xylitol market is expected to grow above the average CAGR as it expands its usage in chewing gum and other applications, where it benefits from a unique profile in adding sweetness, enhancing minty flavors and actually improving dental health apart from being a low-calorie sweetener.
The global markets for the above-mentioned end-use sectors are analyzed in terms of volume in metric tons and value in USD for 2014-2022 analysis period. Driven by increasingly health and weight conscious consumers, xylitol demand is expected to grow in sugar-free and low-calorie food products.
The global market for xylitol is segmented into four major regions namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World. The regional markets further analyzed for 15 more independent countries across North America - United States, Canada and Mexico; Europe - France, Finland, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain and the United Kingdom; Asia-Pacific - Australia, China, India, Japan and South Korea. The market is analyzed in all of these major regions by key countries and by major end-use sectors in terms of both volume and value.
This report profiles 17 key global players. The research also provides the listing of the companies engaged in R&D, manufacturing and supply of xylitol. The global list of companies covers the address, contact numbers and the website addresses of 52 companies.
- Prospects for Low-Calorie Sweeteners Brightened by Escalating Incidences of Obesity and Diabetes
- Overweight and Obesity: Some Statistics of Prevalence
- Burden of Diabetes and Impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT) on a Global Level
Key Business Trends
- S2G Biochemicals and Mondelez International Collaborated to Build Xylitol Plant in the USA
- Anti-Caries Effect of Xylitol Confirmed by DuPont Study
- DFI Corp and Mitr Phol Group Inks Strategic Investment and Partnership Deal to Produce Erythritol and Xylitol
- Xylitol Sweetener Can Kill or Poison Dogs - FDA Warns
Key Topics Covered:
Part A: Global Market Perspective
2. Key Market Trends
3. Regulatory Landscape
4. Industry Landscape
5. Key Business Trends
6. Global Market Overview
Part B: Regional Market Perspective
1. North America
4. Rest Of World
Part C: Xylitol Patent Landscape
1. Major Patents in Chemical Processes
2. Major Patents in Microbial Processes
3. List of Other Major Patents in Chemical and Microbial Processes
Part D: Guide To The Industry
Part E: Annexure
- CSPC Shengxue Glucose Co., Ltd.
- Cargill, Inc.
- DFI Corporation
- Dupont Nutrition & Health (Dupont Danisco)
- Ingredion Inc.
- Mitsubishi Shoji Foodtech Co., Ltd.
- Novagreen Inc.
- O'laughlin Industries Co., Ltd.
- Roquette Freres
- S2G Biochem
- Shandong Futaste Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Longlive Bio-Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Lujian Biological Technology Co. Ltd.
- Thomson Biotech (Xiamen) Co., Ltd.
- Xylitol Canada, Inc.
- Zhejiang Huakang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Zuchem Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j373mr/xylitol_a
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets