The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2016 through 2024. Also, a five-year historic analysis is provided for these markets. Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Glucose Monitoring Devices in US$ by the following Product Segments:
The report profiles 77 companies including many key and niche players such as:
Abbott Diabetes Care, Inc.
ACON Laboratories, Inc.
Alive Technologies Pty. Ltd.
Apex Biotechnology Corp.
Arkray USA, Inc.
Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG
B. Braun Melsungen AG
Entra Health Systems LLC
Medtronic MiniMed, Inc.
Nova Biomedical Corporation
Omron Healthcare Co., Ltd.
Sanwa Kagaku Kenkyusho Co, Ltd.
Senseonics Holdings, Inc.
Taidoc Technology Corporation
Trividia Health, Inc.
Ypsomed Holding AG
Key Topics Covered:
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW Glucose Monitoring Devices: Enabling Easier and Efficient Monitoring of the Global Diabetes Epidemic Growth Drivers in a Nutshell Glucose Monitoring Undergoes Notable Transformation over the Years: An Evolutionary Scan Evolution of Diabetes Testing over the Years with Key Features in Each Period Diabetes Incidence Reaching Epidemic Proportions Worldwide: Foundation for Market Growth Diabetes: One of the Leading Causes of Death Globally Diabetes Incidence and Prevalence by Region/Country North America United States Canada Mexico Europe Asia-Pacific Southeast Asian Region Western Pacific Region South & Central America Africa Global Market Outlook Developed Countries are Dominant Markets, while Developing Countries Spearhead Market Growth China: A High Potential Market for Glucose Monitoring Devices Rising Diabetic Populace Spurs Growth in the Indian Market
2. COMPETITION The Big Four' Dominate the Global Self Glucose Monitoring (SGM) Market Major Pharma Players Dominate Blood Glucose Monitoring Market Innovations in BGM Devices Spearheaded by Startups Competition with Local Pharma Companies Intensifies in Regional Markets Quality Products at Low Prices: Mantra for Success in the Marketplace After PDAs, SMBG Makers Turn to Mobile Devices to Woo Users on the Move Dexcom and Medtronic Dominates the Global CGM Devices Market
3. MARKET TRENDS, ISSUES AND DRIVERS Growing Popularity of Smart, Compact, Digital, Ergonomic, and Wireless Glucose Monitors Drive Healthy Market Growth Select Disruptive Glucose Monitors Promising Reduced Pain, Lesser Data Load, and Zero Worries Innovative Smart Glucometers for Sugar Monitoring iHealth Align iHealth Smart iBGStar OneTouch Verio Sync Dario Smart Glucose Meter Dexcom G5 CGM System Need for Real-Time Glucose Sensing and Monitoring Drive Strong Demand for Minimally-Invasive CGM Devices Myriad Benefits of CGMs CGM Market Gradually Breaks through Barriers to Adoption Intensive Care Units: A Highly Promising Market for CGMs Key Challenges Hampering Widespread Adoption of CGM Systems Despite Competition from CGM Systems, SGM Devices Continue to Dominate Sales Blood Glucose Test Strips: The Largest Segment Cost: The Ultimate Factor Favoring Growth in Demand for Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems Self-Monitoring/Household Blood Glucose: Sustaining Growth in Demand Key Trends in the Glucose Meter/Monitoring Systems Smartphone Penetration Favors SMBG Market Barriers to Adoption of New Technology in BGM Products Accuracy Issues Plague Blood Glucose Meters Market Advancements in Glucose Monitoring Devices Offers a New Ray of Hope Undiagnosed Diabetes: A Major Healthcare Challenge Offering Huge Untapped Potential Undiagnosed Diabetics: More Prone to Cardiovascular Diseases Increased Vulnerability of Diabetics to Various Health Complications Drives the Need for Timely Glucose Monitoring Heart Disease Stroke High Blood Pressure Blindness Kidney Disease Nerve Disease Amputations Dental Disease Pregnancy Microvascular Complications (Small Blood Vessel Damage) Retinopathy Diabetic Neuropathy Nephropathy Macrovascular Complications (Large Blood Vessel Damage) Cardiac Problems Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) Infections Impotence Pregnancy Complications Other Complications Resulting from Diabetes Obesity Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foot Ulcers Dementia Hypoglycemia Diabetic Ketoacidosis Non-Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (NIDDM) Lead to Cardiovascular Complications Higher Risk of Diabetes in the Fast Expanding Aging Population Benefit Market Expansion Demographic Statistics of the Global Aging Populace: Unfurling the Market Potential Increasing Healthcare Expenditure Boosts Demand for SGM and CGM Devices Expenditure on Diabetes Management Increasing Obesity Levels Underpins Market Growth
4. INNOVATIONS & ADVANCEMENTS K'Track: Discreet and Painless Glucose- Monitoring Wearable The Sugar iQ App Provide Predictive Diabetes Care DIABNEXT CLIPSULIN: World's First A.I Tool for Diabetes e-mosquito CGM Device FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System MyDario Mobile Data Management Platform The New Handheld RL-BGM Device TOUCH TG Pocket-Sized Gadgets Digital Contact Lenses Gamification Leveraging Big Data Digital Tattoos OneTouch Verio Flex Monitoring System Artificial Pancreas System (APS): The Next Big Thing in Glucose Monitoring The First-of-its-Kind Artificial Pancreas by Medtronic Non-invasive, Acetone Detecting Breathalyzer for Glucose Testing Nanotechnology-based Breathalyzer for Non-Invasive Glucose Monitoring EMG 1000: Needle-free Device for Glucose Monitoring Glucase: Smartphone Case with Glucose Testing Kit Painless Diabetes Monitoring Using NFC Technology GlucoSense: Laser Device for Non-invasive Monitoring of Glucose Levels ClearPath DS-120: Enabling Early Detection of Diabetes & Prediabetes NoStrip Technology: Eliminating Need for Individual Test Strips Other Innovative and Advanced Glucose Monitoring Systems GlucoTrack A2I Omnipod Horizon V-Go sugarBEAT G5 Integrated Vibe Insulin Pump and CGM System FreeStyle Libre and FreeStyle Libre Pro Contour Next One and Contour Next Link Bewell Connects Biosensor-based Monitor called Lumee Touchscreen Receiver/Android App OneTouch Via MiniMed 670G/Enlite 3 with Hybrid Closed Loop Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM with Bluetooth Dario-Smart Meter from LabStyle Notable Early-stage Investigative Glucose Monitoring Devices
5. PRODUCT OVERVIEW What is Diabetes? Types of Diabetes Type I Diabetes: Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (IDDM) Type II Diabetes: Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus ( NIDDM) NIDDM: Higher Risk of Cardiovascular Disease Gestational Diabetes Impaired Fasting Glycaemia (IFG) & Impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT) Glucose Monitoring Devices Self Glucose Monitoring (SGM) Devices Blood Glucose Meters Measurement Units Blood Glucose Strips Lancets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) Systems Operation of a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM)
6. PRODUCT INNOVATIONS/INTRODUCTIONS ARKRAY Releases PocketChem VC PV-1350on Reducing Substances Meter ARKRAY Releases BG Sensor The U.S. Food and Drug Administration Approves Abbott' Glucose Monitoring Device ARKRAY Releases Glycohemoglobin Analyzer ADAMS A1c HA-8190V Intel Releases New Software Application Platform, IntelHAP ARKRAY Releases GLUCOCARD W Blood Glucose Meter Abbott's FreeStyle Libre Pro System Receives FDA Approval Roche Launches Accu-Chek Guide System Ascensia Launches CONTOURNEXT LINK 2.4 Blood Glucose Monitoring System (BGMS) ACON Laboratories Launches On Call Pro Blood Glucose Meter LifeScan Introduces OneTouch Verio Flex
7. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY AgaMatrix Inc. Enters into a $32 Million Senior Term Loan Facility with Prospect Fitbit Partners with Dexcom Abbott Enters into Collaboration with Bigfoot Biomedical Roche Acquires mySugr Abbott Obtains the Health Canada License for FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System Roche Signs a Partnership Agreement with Medtronic TGA Approves for Abbott's FreeStyle Libre System Glooko and Diasend Enter into Merger BioTelemetry Acquires Telcare Medical Supply Mitsui to Acquire Shares in Panasonic Healthcare Holdings ARKRAY Collaborates with LG Life Sciences Ltd. Ascensia Diabetes Care Renews Global Alliance with Medtronic Senseonics Signs Distribution Agreement with Roche Dexcom G5 Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Available on the Apple Watch Cellnovo Signs a Commercial Agreement with Roche Nemaura' sugarBEAT Receives Notification of CE Approval Tekcapital PLC Acquires the License for the Measurement of Glucose in Saliva Abbott Obtains CE Mark for the FreeStyle Libre System Nova Biomedical's StatStrip Glucose Xpress 2 Receives FDA Clearance Sinocare Acquires Nipro Diagnostics Inc. LabStyle's Dario System Receives FDA Clearance Panasonic Healthcare Acquires the Bayer Diabetes Care Business
8. FOCUS ON SELECT GLOBAL PLAYERS
9. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Total Companies Profiled: 77 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 89)