LONDON, February 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
From today (1/02.2012), SIM only mobile operator giffgaff will offer full BlackBerry services for the first time, including BlackBerry Messenger, BlackBerry (push) emails and BlackBerry Internet. The move comes following customer requests from the community-led mobile network's members and prospects for BlackBerry compatibility.
giffgaff members will be able to purchase a BlackBerry add-on for £3 to any goodybag - giffgaff's month-long packages of minutes, texts and data.
Mike Fairman, giffgaff CEO, said:
"We are delighted to extend the giffgaff offering to both existing giffgaff BlackBerry owners and to prospective new customers. Great value is at the heart of giffgaff, that's why we've created incredibly competitive BlackBerry for £3."
- For more information on the new BlackBerry service please visit giffgaff's blog -
Notes to editors
What is giffgaff?
- giffgaff is a community-led pay as you go SIM card mobile operator which keeps costs low by encouraging its community members to help grow and run the business
- giffgaff has an customer satisfaction index of 84% and a Net Promoter Score of 75% (July 11)
- giffgaff doesn't do big budget advertising, instead it keeps costs low by using online channels and encouraging its community members to spread the word amongst their friends
- giffgaff has a simple, competitive pricing structure for PAYG, with absolutely no sting in its tail:
- Calls are charged at 10p per minute and 6p per text
- Free member to member (giffgaff to giffgaff) calls and texts
- Competitive international call rates
- Free calls to 0800 numbers
giffgaff goodybags are a mix of UK calls, text and internet that last for 30 days
- giffgaff goodybag prices are listed below:
Calls and text goodybags
- £5 = Unlimited UK texts
- £10 = 250 UK minutes, unlimited texts and mobile internet
- £15 = 400 UK minutes, unlimited texts and mobile internet
- £20 = 800 UK minutes, unlimited texts and mobile internet
- £25 = 1500 UK minutes, unlimited texts and mobile internet
Data-only goodybags (gigabags)
- £5 = 500MB data
- £7.50 = 1GB data
- £12.50 = 3GB data
All goodybags include free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and free 0800 calls
- Visit the website at http://www.giffgaff.com
- Follow giffgaff on Twitter @giffgaff
- Join giffgaff on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/giffgaffmobile
- The word giffgaff is one word should always be written with a lower case g
Award winning giffgaff
- In 2011 giffgaff was named as the number one global community by Lithium
- In 2011 giffgaff won Best new Brand at the Marketing Society Awards for Excellence
- In 2011 giffgaff was shortlisted for Marketing Week's Engage Awards' Telecommunications and IT award
- In 2011 giffgaff made the final top 5 brands for the Marketing Society's Brand of the Year
- In 2010 giffgaff won the Lithium accolade for its 'Most Innovative Community' at the Social CRM Customer Excellence Awards
- In 2010 giffgaff won the global Forrester Groundswell award for 'Embracing B2C International'
- In 2010 giffgaff was shortlisted for the Virtual Business of the Year Award, Computer Weekly Blog Awards 2010, Corporate Entrepreneur Awards 2010, Reputation Online Effectiveness Awards, and the CIM Chartered Institute of Marketing Excellence Awards.
information, please contact Blue Rubicon on behalf of giffgaff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44(0)20-7260-2700.