LONDON, November 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Half-term holidays can be a fun time for the whole family, but daily activities and outings can leave your bedtime schedule somewhat out of sync.
This can occasionally lead to night time accidents, but this should not be a cause for concern. Bedwetting is a common occurrence and there are a number of things you can do to make things easier, ensuring you settle back into the school term nicely.
Top tips for a better bedtime routine
- While off, try to maintain as much of a bedtime routine as possible - especially on the Saturday and Sunday nights before school begins again
- A bath before bedtime is a great way to start winding down before bed, but it also a wonderful opportunity to have fun and play with your child
- Reading a story, singing songs, talking or having a cuddle are all ideal for taking the attention away from bedwetting. Make your child's room cosy by keeping the lights low too
- Using a pyjama pant, such as DryNites®, will help your child get a good night's sleep by keeping them dry all night, especially if being back at school causes them any worries
- Lots of reassurance for any children who express concern about bedwetting, whether at home or away, will boost their confidence and help them go to bed feeling happy
If you're worried about your child staying dry due to a change in their daily routine, using absorbent sleepwear is one way to lend a helping hand. Although DryNites® don't offer a cure, they can help you and your child cope with bedwetting accidents by keeping clothing and sheets dry so your little one can sleep with confidence. DryNites® pyjama pants are designed to be worn discreetly under nightwear, looking and feeling like real underwear, with a thin absorbent pad that draws wetness away from the skin.
For those children who only occasionally wet the bed, DryNites® Bed Mats offer a perfect solution for a comfortable night's sleep. The mats have a special stick and stay-put feature which ensures they stay in place while your child is asleep. The mats are highly absorbent, discreet and extremely easy to use, offering the perfect solution to keeping children dry.
Log onto http://www.drynites.co.uk to request a free sample and for further advice and information to help you and your child manage this phase together.