German Businesses Adopt Mobile/Cloud Solutions, But Resist BYOD
BOSTON, June 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Over 80% of German employers provide their workers with a phone for business and 65% of workers purchased their own phone. Those are among the top findings of Strategy Analytics' The State of Enterprise Mobility In Germany. The SA Report highlights the opportunity for device makers, software and apps developers and IT infrastructure providers to more specifically address enterprises' needs, from hardware to software, with security and device management options.
Click here for the report: http://bit.ly/1BTN98G
Other key findings from the survey include:
- Corporate-liable devices are the dominant force; BYOD is experiencing strong resistance in Germany.
- Samsung, Apple and Microsoft Nokia are popular corporate-liable brands; Samsung, Sony, Apple and HTC are popular pre-approved (i.e. choose your own device, or "CYOD") smartphone brands in Germany.
- More than 60% of companies in Germany provided employees tablets for work; majority support Android, iOS, and Windows 8 tablets.
- Like their British and French counterparts, the majority of German companies and their employees regularly replace and upgrade their smartphones and tablets every one-to-three years.
- Security concerns and doubts about BYOD cost savings are key reasons why 17% of businesses in Germany expect personal-liable tablets to decrease over next year.
"Many German firms have doubts about the security and cost-effectiveness of the BYOD model," said Gina Luk, Senior Analyst of Mobile Workforce Strategies. However, mobile business applications and unified communications still show real promise to help German firms improve productivity, sharing and collaboration."
Key vertical segments covered in the survey include F.I.R.E (Financial, Insurance, Real Estate), Manufacturing, Professional Services, Education/Public Sector, Healthcare/Pharmaceutical and Telecom/Media/Technology.
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com
Contact: Gina Luk, +44(0)-1908-423-600, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Phil Hochmuth, +1-617-921-7405, email@example.com
SOURCE Strategy Analytics