LONDON, February 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Capex, Opex & Capacity Forecasts for Dry Steam, Flash Steam, Binary Cycle and Flash-Binary Technologies
Geothermal power investments are driven by pressing concerns over global warming and energy security. There are significant risks involved with initial exploration and drilling, but favourable regulatory environments - including tax incentives and land permits - can do much to facilitate further developments in the sector. Besides from being a clean and renewable energy source with a low levelised cost of electricity, geothermal power is also suitable for base load electricity generation and thus has the potential to become the backbone of local grid systems.
Visiongain forecasts that capital expenditure (capex) and operational expenditure (opex) on geothermal power developments will total $7.99bn in 2016. In 2015 there were 25 countries using geothermal sources to generate electricity. Currently there are 75 countries that are planning to carry out geothermal developments in the foreseeable future.
The report will answer questions such as:
• How is the geothermal power market evolving?
• What is driving and restraining the geothermal power market?
• What are the market shares of the power plant types and leading national producers in the overall geothermal power market in 2016?
• How will each geothermal power submarket segment grow over the forecast period and how much capex and opex will these submarkets account for in 2026?
• How will the market shares for each geothermal power submarket develop from 2016-2026?
• How will political and regulatory factors influence the leading national markets and technology submarkets?
• Will leading national geothermal power producers broadly follow macroeconomic dynamics, or will individual country sectors outperform the rest of the economy?
• How will the market shares of the national markets change by 2026 and which geographic region will lead the market up to this year?
• Who are the leading players and what are their prospects over the forecast period?
• What are the growth potentials for existing players and the prospects for new market entrants?
Five reasons why you must order and read this report today:
1. The report provides opex, capex and capacity forecasts from 2016 to 2026, plus analysis, for 10 national markets and the rest of the world, providing unique insight into geothermal power industry developments:
- The USA
- New Zealand
- Rest of the World
2. The report also offers opex, capex and capacity forecasts from 2016 to 2026 for 5 geothermal power plant types:
- Dry steam
- Flash steam
- Binary cycle
- Other technologies
3. Expert opinion from Kalahari Geoenergy CEO Peter Vivian-Neal and AltaRock Energy President Susan Petty is provided, reflecting on:
- Global geothermal developments
- Geothermal developments in the US
- Geothermal developments in Kenya
- Project financing
- The future of different power plant technologies
4. Tables and analysis detail the top 8 geothermal equipment suppliers, including their existing market shares:
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- Fuji Electric
- Ansaldo Energia
- General Electric
- Tas Energy
5. Existing and future geothermal installed capacity is heavily analysed:
- Market share by power plant type
- Market share by national market
- List of existing geothermal power plants
- List of announced geothermal projects
Don't miss out
This report is essential reading for anyone in the global geothermal market. Purchasing this report today will help you to recognise those important market opportunities and understand the possibilities that are out there. Order the Global Geothermal Power Market 2016-2026 now. We look forward to receiving your order.
List of Companies Mentioned:
Agua Caliente, LLC
Akita Geothermal Energy Co
Alternative Earth Resources, Inc.
Amedee Geothermal Venture
Andean Geothermic Energy S.A.C
AP Renewables Inc (Subisidary Aboitiz Power Corp)
Basic Energy Corp.
Beowawe Power LLC
Borealis Geo Power
Bottle Rock Power PLC
Centram Geothermal ADAGE Ventures Inc.
Chena Hot Springs
Chevron Geothermal India
Chevron Geothermal Philippines Holdings
Chuo Electric Power Co
Clean Rock Renewable Energy
Clean Source Energy
Compania Federal de Electricidad
Coso Operating Co.
Daldrup & Sohne AG
Davenport Newberry Holdings
Deep Earth Energy Production Corp
East Japan Railway Co.,
Electerre de France
Electric Power Development Co
Electric Power Tibet
Emerging Markets Energy Pte Ltd
Empresa de Generacion de Energia Electrica del INDE
Empresa Nicaraguense de Electricidad (ENEL)
Empresa Transmisora de El Salvador (ETESAL)
Energy Corp Emerging Power Resource Holdings
Energy Development Corp.
Entiv Organic Energy
Ethiopian Electric Power Corporation
EU-FIRE & Manvit
Experimental-Industrial Verkhne-Mutnovskaya GeoPP
Gafo Energy NZ,
GDF Suez (Engie)
Geo Dipa Energy
Geotérmica para el Desarollo S.A.P.I de C.V.
Geotermica Quellaapacheta Peru S.A.C (GQP)
Geothermal Electric Limited
Geothermal Engineering Co.
Giri Indah Sejahtera
Global Geothermal Limited
Green Rock Energy
Hirosaki City, Aomori
HL Power Company
Hokkaido Electric Power Co.
Home Stretch Geothermal
Hot Rock Limited
Hudson Ranch Energy Services
Iceland Drilling company
Idemitsu Oita Geothermal
ITOCHU Copr. JV,
Izmir Jeotermal AS
JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration
Kalaharhi Geo Energy Limited
Kawasaki Heavy Industries
Kujyu Kanko Hotel
Kyushu Electric Power
Kyushu Electric Power
Kyushu Electric Power Corp
LL Geothermal Inc
Lt. Scandinavia Corporation
Magma Energy (US) Corp
Mighty River Power
Minami Aso Villege Gov
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Mt Princeton Geothermal LLC
Nevis Renewable Energy
New World Energy
Nitetsu Kagoshima Geothermal Co/Kyushu Electric Power Co
Northern California Power Agency
NPO Nanto Genki
NPO REDS Syonan
Ohyama Kanko Kaihatsu
Oita Venture Capital Co.
Okushiri Town, Hokkaido
Optima Nusantara Energi
Origin Energy Chili
Orpower Twenty Two
Oserian Development Company
Pacific Geo Energy
PAN Papirna Industrija
Pawakom International Ltd.
Pertamina Geothermal Energy
Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica
PT Medco Power Indonesia
Radius Gold Inc.
Resevior Capital Corp
RESPEC Consulting & Services
Reykjavik Emera Inc
Sejahtera Alam Energy
Sintesa Banten Geothermal
Sorkik Merapi Geothermal
Star Energy Ltd
Surprise Valley Electric Corp.
Syntesa Banten Geothermal (SBG)
Taiwan Bureau of
Tawau Green Energy
Terra-Gen Operating Co.
Tohoku Electric Power
Tohoku Electric Power Co. Group
Tokyo Electric Power
Toya spa corp
Tsuchiyu onsen energy Co.
Tsurugakankokaiha tsu and Hokuden Sogo Sekkei Co.
Tuaropaki Power Company
Turcas BM Kuyucak Jeotermal Elektrik
U.S. Geothermal Inc.
Waita Geothermal Power Plant
West Indies Power
Wijaya Karya Jabar Power
Zaldivar Mining Company
List of Other Organisations Mentioned:
African Union Commission (AUC)
Armenian Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources
BRGM (French overseas development)
Costa Rica Electricity Institute (ICE)
Costa Rica Geothermal Resources Service
Électricité de France Développement Environnement
European EGS Interest Group
Instituto Costaricense de Electricidad
International Geothermal Association
Korea Institute of Geosciences and Mineral Resources
Mexican Federal Electricity Commission (CFE)
Ministry of Natural Resources of Russia
Oregon Institute of Technology
Renewable Energy Organisation of Iran
The Research Council of Norway
US Department of Energy
UK Department for Energy & Climate Change, Cheshire East Council
University of North Dakota
Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology
To request an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun at email@example.com or call Tel: +44(0)20-7336-6100