Cloud-based solution seamlessly transforms disjointed global multi-vendor PBX and UC environments into cohesive, enterprise-wide next-generation communications systems
ORLANDO, Florida, March 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- GENBAND™, a leading provider of real time communications solutions, today introduced its Kandy Business SIP Trunk Infrastructure as a Service and Global SIP Trunk solution, which allows communications service providers (CSPs) and system integrators (SIs) to significantly reduce operational challenges when rolling out business SIP Trunking capabilities and quickly introduce new revenue generating services. The new Kandy Business SIP Trunk Infrastructure as a Service is a cloud-based solution that combines market-leading enterprise SIP Trunk security, PBX federation and advanced session management capabilities with innovative mobility, Unified Communications (UC) and WebRTC overlay functionality.
The highly scalable, secure solution, which is managed and hosted in the cloud, allows service providers and SIs to onboard enterprise customers faster with instant provisioning via simple self-service portals, extend their reach to serve multi-national businesses with global SIP Trunks, and significantly grow revenues beyond voice and data bundles with new hosted PBX overlay services. For regulated PSTN and Direct Inward Dialing (DID) services in local and international markets, service providers can bring their own PSTN network and or leverage Kandy's global PSTN interconnects with its carrier partner network.
"Our new Kandy Business SIP Trunk service allows enterprises, SIs, resellers and service providers to simplify enterprise transformation to SIP and accelerate time-to-market by leveraging three critical areas of need for modern enterprises – cloud, mobility and contextual communications," said Patrick Joggerst, Executive Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing at GENBAND. "It bolsters existing enterprise PBX investments by delivering enhanced business continuity, user-centric session management, advanced mobility, a wide array of SIP and WebRTC-based overlay services and an API platform for contextual communications."
"The SIP Trunking market is still ramping up, providing tremendous opportunities for today's service providers and enterprises, but with that growth comes a number of challenges including vendor incompatibilities and deployment complexities," said Diane Myers, Senior Research Director, IHS Markit. "Service providers and enterprises can benefit from Kandy's new SIP Trunking service that connects and integrates diverse enterprise environments, provides global interconnects, optimizes user productivity, and establishes a foundation for continued service innovation by integrating SIP Trunks, WebRTC and APIs."
The advanced solution offers the ability to enhance the value of SIP Trunking services by embedding them directly into everyday business applications. This allows service providers and enterprises to differentiate their offerings and quickly introduce new services by leveraging innovative Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and Kandy Wrappers, which are intuitive, fully-developed, ready-to-deploy software apps that can be embedded directly into a customer's website and do everything from creating a dynamic online shopping experience to providing a cognitive live support experience.
Kandy SIP Trunk Infrastructure as a Service and Global SIP Trunk Benefits:
- Reduce CAPEX and OPEX: Hosted and managed fully-redundant infrastructure with industry-leading Session Border Controller (SBC) and application servers reduce PBX interoperability costs, simplifies maintenance and reduces operational complexities.
- Instant SIP Trunk Provisioning: Managed via intuitive self-service user and administrative portals, Kandy SIP Trunk as a Service frees up enterprise IT staff and service providers to focus on strategic business initiatives instead of managing basic communications infrastructure.
- Accelerate Time-to-Market: Allows CSPs to go-to-market and or offer out of region services quickly with comprehensive SIP Trunking capabilities that work over any IP access network including the public Internet, VPN or private networks such as T1/E1, and MPLS.
- Extend Global Reach: The Kandy SIP Trunk cloud is deployed globally across multiple data centers serving the US, Canada, South America, Europe and Asia.
- Increase ARPU: The Kandy SIP Trunk service can be deployed by easily "bolting on" the Kandy communications platform onto the CSP's network or telco cloud quickly enabling Kandy Business cloud UC, Wrappers and APIs. When combined these solutions offer multiple cloud-based SIP and WebRTC overlay services over enterprise PBXs - enabling service providers to create differentiated services that add new revenue-generating applications, increased SIP Trunking usage and improved customer loyalty.
- PSTN Integration: The Kandy SIP Trunk cloud seamlessly integrates with a service provider's PSTN network and provides complete control for leveraging proprietary Direct Inward Dialing (DIDs), local and long distance, toll-free, emergency, and directory services; or can offer global DIDs and carrier interconnects via its partner network to extend the service provider's global reach.
For more information on the Kandy SIP Trunking solution visit www.siptrunk.kandy.io.
GENBAND is a global leader in real-time communications software solutions for service providers, enterprises, independent software vendors, systems integrators and developers in over 80 countries. Kandy, its award-winning, disruptive real-time communications software development platform, is built from the company's global telecommunications network and security technologies. The platform enables these companies to easily embed a full suite of voice, video, chat, screen-sharing and collaboration capabilities into their existing business, web and mobile applications. The company's Network Modernization, Unified Communications, Mobility and Embedded Communications solutions enable its customers to quickly capitalize on growing market segments and introduce differentiating products, applications and services. GENBAND's market-leading solutions, which are deployable in the network, on premise or through the cloud, help its customers connect people to each other and address the growing demands of today's consumers and businesses for real-time communications wherever they happen to be. GENBAND's award-winning Marketing Advantage Program offers partners free resources, training and campaigns to fuel their success in implementing GENBAND powered services. To learn more visit genband.com.
GENBAND, Kandy, the GENBAND logo and icon are trademarks of GENBAND.