DUBLIN, August 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "GCC Switchgear Market By Type (Low; Medium and High Voltage), By End User (Utilities, Residential, Industrial and Others), Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2021" report to their offering.
The switchgear market in GCC is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 6% during 2016 - 2021.
Per capita electricity consumption in GCC countries stands at around 10.29 megawatt hour, which is about three times the global average. Major reasons behind high per capita consumption of electricity include high dependence on electric appliances, especially air conditioners, due to hot climatic conditions; and increasing water desalination owing to lack of naturally available potable water in GCC countries.
Desalination of sea water, which is an energy intensive process, has become imperative in GCC nations to address the growing water requirement of the region's expanding population. Growing demand for electricity is leading to development and expansion of power infrastructure, which requires installation of switchgears in the electricity network.
Moreover, GCC nations are increasing their focus on developing refinery and petrochemical processing infrastructure, which would require strengthening electrical infrastructure as well, including building new power plants and transmission & distribution networks. These factors are expected to significantly augment demand for switchgears in the region over the next five years.
On the basis of product type, the market has been segmented into three categories, low voltage (up to 1 kV); medium voltage (1.1 kV to 40 kV); & high voltage (above 40 kV). Among these categories, low voltage (up to 1 kV) segment dominated the overall GCC switchgear market in 2015. The segment is anticipated to maintain its dominance over the next five years as low voltage switchgears are cheaper as compared to medium and high voltage switchgears and majority of the consumers are residential users. Few of the leading players operating in the GCC switchgear market include ABB Electrical Industries Co. Ltd., Schneider Electric, and General Electric, among others.
Market Trends and Developments
- Growing Per Capita Electricity Consumption
- Implementation of Energy Efficiency System
- GCC Power Grid Interconnection System
- Increasing Trend of Renewable Energy
- Water Desalination
- Growth in Gas Insulated Switchgears
- Rising Adoption of Sulphur Hexafluoride Gas
Key Topics Covered:
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Analyst View
4. Global Switchgear Market Overview
5. GCC Power Sector Overview
6. GCC Switchgear Market Outlook
7. GCC Low Voltage Switchgear Market Outlook
8. GCC Medium Voltage Switchgear Market Outlook
9. GCC High Voltage Switchgear Market Outlook
10. Saudi Arabia Switchgear Market Outlook
11. UAE Switchgear Market Outlook
12. Kuwait Switchgear Market Outlook
13. Qatar Switchgear Market Outlook
14. Oman Switchgear Market Outlook
15. Bahrain Switchgear Market Outlook
16. Market Dynamics
17. Market Trends and Developments
18. Value Chain Analysis
19. Channel Partner Analysis
20. Competitive Landscape
- ABB Electrical Industries Co. Ltd.
- Al Hassan Switchgear Manufacturing Company L.L.C
- Al Nisf Electrical Company
- Al-Ahlehia Switchgear
- Al-Kiyumi Switchgear Co. LLC
- Alfanar Electric Company
- Arabian Gulf Switchgear
- Bahrain Switchgear & Lighting Industries
- Connect Switchgear
- GEDAC Electric
- Jyoti Sohar Switchgear LLC
- Majan Switchgear Co. LLC.
- Musaid Switch Gear Factory Company Ltd
- Qatari German Switchgear Company W.L.L.
- Schneider Electric Gulf
- Siemens Saudi Arabia
- The International Electrical Products Company (TIEPCO)
- Voltamp Switchgear Co. W.L.L
- Wahah Electric Supply Company of Saudi Arabia Ltd. (WESCOSA)
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9xgvvp/gcc_switchgear
Related Topics: Electricity
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets