LONDON, June 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
With the recent massive oil and gas finds in countries with little existing infrastructure and energy policy, the Repsol YPF controversy in Argentina, political tension in the East Mediterranean, and the continuing fallout of the 'Arab Spring', vulnerability in the hydrocarbon sector to unanticipated disruption in emerging growth regions has been underlined. It has never been more crucial to grasp the operating environment within each of the countries where risk is possible, and how governments plan to do business with foreign investors and operators when issues arise.
The Political and Commercial Risk in Oil and Gas Forum, hosted by Gastech Specialist Events and taking place in London on the 24 - 26 October 2012, will meet these complex challenges head-on by exploring protection for investors affected by resource nationalism, unpredictable jurisdictions where the rule of law is susceptible to sudden changes, and regions where political tension and/or violence is a lingering threat.
This unique interactive Forum will help you to protect your assets by exploring the political risk in regions where there are proven hydrocarbon reserves and to build long term relationships with governments, maintaining a strong presence in key global oil & gas regions in the years to come.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Larry Persily, Federal Coordinator, ARCTIC NATURAL GAS TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS
- Costas Ioannou, Executive Chairman, NATURAL GAS PUBLIC COMPANY (DEFA)
- Randir Ragoobeer, General Manager Risk, SASOL GROUP SERVICE
- Peter Hohaus, Policy Advisor, Political and Corporate Affairs, E.ON
- David Bender, Threat Analyst, CHEVRON
Programme highlights include:
- An Overview of Global Macro Politics: Market Entry and Overcoming the Risks of Investment
- Discussing Protection for Investors Affected by Resource Nationalism
- Discussing How Federal Government Support Could Impact the Profitability of Shale Reserves in Argentina
- Scrutinizing the Oil and Gas Industry in Kenya and Uganda to Ensure Investor Confidence
- The Changing Landscape of Regulation in Terms of Reputational Risk and Corruption
For further information, visit http://www.politicalriskinoilandgas.com
To learn more about how your organisation can promote its expertise to key industry leaders, contact Damian Howard on +44 (0)203 615 2899 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about the programme, press enquiries, or to become a partner, contact Anthony Webb on +44-(0)203-615-2877 or email@example.com
Notes to the editor:
Follow us on Twitter: @energydmg
Connect on LinkedIn: Gastech Specialist Events
SOURCE Gastech Specialist Events