NEW YORK, LONDON and SYDNEY, September 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Automated Trading Strategies, Upgraded Research and Decision Making Tools and Enhanced Charting Functionality Among the New Features
- New Web-based Version Supports PC and Mac users
FOREX.com, the retail division of GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP), has released a significantly enhanced version of its award-winning FOREXTrader PRO trading platform.
"The new FOREXTrader PRO demonstrates our ongoing commitment to our active trader community, who provided invaluable feedback that helped us make our award winning platform an even more effective trading tool," said Glenn Stevens, CEO, GAIN Capital.
FOREXTrader PRO is a downloadable, Windows-based application that delivers advanced customization features and a robust set of trading tools for active traders. Highlights of the new features available in FOREXTrader PRO include:
- Enhanced charting tools, with an updated interface, additional technical indicators and drawing tools, and expanded trading functionality that allows customers to trade directly from the chart, view & cancel pending orders, and even modify pending orders on the chart simply by dragging the order to a new price level;
- A new "Strategy Center" for automated buy and sell signals. Traders can develop their own custom trading strategies, use the drag and drop functionality of the Strategy Wizard to easily program strategies without writing any code, or choose and customize one of 15 pre-defined strategies, with the opportunity to back test with historical data;
- More research and ideas, including integrated, third-party research and pattern recognition tools from Autochartist and Trading Central;
- A streamlined order ticket designed to simplify and accelerate order entry;
- An improved user interface, with an intuitive, icon-driven menu system delivering single click access to all trading & account management functions, research and decision support tools.
A web-based version of the platform, FOREXTrader PRO.web, has also been released. FOREXTrader PRO.web offers a rich, web-based trading experience via a PC or Mac and is compatible with all popular browsers, including IE, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and Opera.
"With the new web-based version of FOREXTrader PRO, we've combined the power of our desktop application with the accessibility of a web browser to give our active trader customers more choice in how they access their accounts," added Mr. Stevens. "Mac compatibility is another important feature for our customers and we are pleased to offer an active trader solution for Mac users."
FOREXTrader PRO and FOREXTrader PRO.web are now available globally to FOREX.com customers and prospects.
* Forex and other leveraged trading involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are not available to US residents.
About GAIN Capital
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP) is a global provider of online trading services. GAIN's innovative trading technology provides market access and highly automated trade execution services across multiple asset classes, including foreign exchange (forex or FX), contracts for difference (CFDs) and exchange-based products, to a diverse client base of retail and institutional investors.
A pioneer in online forex trading, GAIN Capital operates FOREX.com®, one of the largest and best-known brands in the retail forex industry. GAIN's other businesses include GAIN GTX, a fully independent FX ECN for hedge funds and institutions, and GAIN Securities, Inc. (member FINRA/SIPC) a licensed U.S. broker-dealer.
GAIN Capital and its affiliates have offices in New York City; Bedminster, New Jersey; London; Sydney; Hong Kong; Tokyo; Singapore; and Seoul.
For company information, visit http://www.gaincapital.com.
SOURCE GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc.