Diabetes remains one of the top causes of mortality, and health expenditure on the disorder and its complications is set to rise 19% annually until 2040, to reach $802 billion.
Diabetes management is on the verge of being disrupted by innovative technologies such as artificial pancreas, non-invasive glucose monitoring sensors, wearables, apps, and inhalable insulin. This research study captures all the innovative developments across the segments of wellness, diagnosis, monitoring, and therapy of the diabetes care continuum, covering the global market.
The study provides an exhaustive coverage of the overall diabetes ecosystem, with strong focus on startups, apart from the existing stakeholders. It also analyzes the role that technology giants such as Alphabet (née Google) and IBM are playing in the diabetes space. An overview of several innovative diabetes care delivery models from across the world is also included. The study would be valuable for diabetes stakeholders to chart out their strategies for future collaborations and partnerships, while keeping a watchful eye on the competition.
Key questions this study will answer:
- How is the diabetes burden evolving across the globe? - How are market forces and trends shaping the diabetes market and the segments of wellness, diagnosis, monitoring, and therapy? - What gaps in diabetic care need to be filled to address the unmet needs of diabetics? - What are the technological developments in the industry that attempt to address such unmet needs? - How have some care models perfected diabetes management, catering to local needs? What are some future perspectives for the industry?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Diabetes - A Growing Concern
- Diabetes Global Statistics
3. Regional Insights
- Regional Distribution of Diabetics
4. Diabetes Care Continuum
- Care Continuum
5. Drivers, Restraints, and Trends - Total Diabetes Care Market
- Market Drivers - Drivers Explained - Market Restraints - Restraints Explained - Market Impact of Top 10 Trends
- Case - Diabeter - Case - Sughavazhvu (SV) Healthcare - Case - CASALUD - Case - Clinicas del Azucar (Sugar Clinics) - Case - Pro Mujer - Case - Thedacare
13. Perspectives for the Future
- Do-it-Yourself - Transformation in the Industry Ecosystem - Innovative Growth Strategy - Industry Trajectories - Monitoring and Drug Therapy - Industry Trajectories - Device Therapy - Learnings - Inhaled Insulin Failures and Strategies - Technology Companies in Diabetes - Connected Diabetes Devices and Cybersecurity
- Key Concluding Thoughts and Vision for the Industry - Diabetes Management in 2025 - 3 Big Predictions - Legal Disclaimer