FELTON, California, October 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global fructo oligosaccharides (FOS) market size is expected to reach USD 3.52 billion by 2024. This prebiotic is gaining popularity as a functional ingredient in food and beverage on account of rising consumer awareness about fiber-fortified goods. FOS helps maintain growth of nonpathogenic intestinal micro flora. Rising demand for infant foods from emerging economies including, China and India is projected to be a significant trend. Furthermore, expansion of functional food industry and new product launches by Arla Foods, Danone, and such other companies is expected to spur growth of the FOS market over the next eight years.
Functional foods held the largest share of over two-fifth of the market in 2015. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of around 8.0% over the forecast period. Numerous manufacturers including BENEO-Orafti SA, Cosucra Groupe Warcoing SA, and Roquette Frères are investing in R&D activities for the production of novel FOS-based functional foods. This is expected to remain a favorable factor for the expansion of global market. Europe accounted for around 40.0% market share in 2015 and is expected to witness steady growth on account of high concentration of functional food manufacturers in Germany, U.K., and France.
Rising importance of dairy products for bone health and for maintaining recommended calcium intake in human body is expected to boost consumption of FOS. Dietary supplement is expected to be the fastest growing application segment with an expected double digit growth over the forecast period. Expansion of sports nutrition industry as a result of rising awareness regarding weight management is expected to promote demand for fructo saccharides in near future.Also, high demand from pet food industry, especially in countries such as India and China is expected to further fuel market growth. Animal feed market in the aforementioned countries is projected to expand by 10.0% to 12.0% from 2016 to 2024.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Fructo Oligosaccharides (FOS) Market Size And Forecast, By Source (Inulin, Sucrose), By Application (Food & Beverages, Infant Formula, Dietary Supplements, Animal Feed, Pharmaceuticals), And Segment Forecast, 2013 - 2024" at: https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/fructo-oligosaccharides-fos-market
Growing demand for FOS in infant formula and nutritional food products, particularly in Europe, is expected to remain a key trend. Inulin-based fructo oligosaccharides are incorporated as a prominent ingredient in dietary supplements as they help manage blood pressure, diabetes, and prevent cardiovascular and other chronic degenerative diseases.
Some of the key manufacturers in the fructo oligosaccharides (FOS) market include Cosucra Groupe Warcoing SA; Jarrow Formulas, Inc.; BENEO-Orafti SA; GTC Nutrition; Cargill Incorporated; Cheil Foods & Chemicals, Inc.; Roquette Frères; Baolingbao Biology, Co. Ltd.; Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd.; and Nutriagaves De Mexico S.A.
Market players are actively investing in large scale production of FOS in regions such as Europe, Latin America, and Asia. In May 2015, BENEO group introduced Orafti Synergy1 which helps improve appetite regulation and decrease food intake in overweight and obese children. In November 2015, Cargill, Inc. opened Agri Purina feed mill plant in Pyeongtaek, Korea offering feed products. This move is expected to ensure product supply to animal feed and healthcare sectors in South Korea.
Browse related reports by Hexa Research:
- Dietary Fibers Market - Global dietary fibers market was valued at USD 3.74 billion in 2016. Increasing demand for nutritious food as a result of rising awareness towards preventive healthcare is expected to remain a key driving factor. In addition, rising prevalence of lifestyle diseases including cardiovascular disorders and obesity among adults, will fuel dietary fibers demand.
- Lactoferrin Market - Global lactoferrin market size was valued at USD 87.8 million in 2017 and is expected to witness further growth over the forecast period. Rising demand for infant formula as a result of high birth rate in emerging economies like China and India is expected to remain a principal driving force for the market.
- Botanical Supplements Market - Global botanical supplements market size was valued at USD 17.74 billion in 2017 and is expected to register a CAGR of over 9% over the forecast period. Rising concerns regarding the adverse effects of synthetically derived nutraceuticals are projected to augment the demand for botanical supplements.
- U.S. Online Dietary Supplement Market - U.S. online dietary supplement market was valued at USD 7.7 Billion in the year 2017 and is expected to grow over the forecast period, driven primarily by growing application sectors such as sports and medicine. Various factors contribute to accomplishment in sport activities and diet is one of the main component.
Hexa Research has segmented the fructo oligosaccharides (FOS) market report based on source, application and region:
Segmentation by Source
Segmentation by Application
• Food & Beverages
• Infant Formula
• Dietary Supplements
• Animal Feed
Segmentation by Region
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
Key players analyzed:
• BENEO-Orafti SA
• Cargill, Incorporated
• Cosucra Groupe Warcoing SA
• FrieslandCampina Domo
• Jarrow Formulas, Inc.
• Roquette Frères
• Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd.
• Cheil Foods & Chemicals Inc
• Baolingbao Biology, Co. Ltd.
• GTC Nutrition
• Nutriagaves de Mexico S.A de C.V.
About Hexa Research
Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Toll Free: 1-800-489-3075
SOURCE Hexa Research