- Complimentary Frost & Sullivan Analyst Briefing shares a 360-degree view of highlights from the global telecommunications event of the year
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
11:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Frost & Sullivan Emerging Telecoms Director Ronald Gruia
More than 85,000 attendees from 200 countries attended the marquee global telecommunications event of the year, Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, taking place Feb. 24-27, 2014. For the second year in a row, the event organizers, GSMA, picked the more remote yet more spacious Fira Gran Via as its venue, where roughly 1,800 companies from around the world demonstrated the latest innovations in various product lines.
MWC 2014 Key Themes:
- The ongoing 4G/LTE global ramp up, including the build-up of more network coverage, capacity and density
- Software defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV), both of which are IT-led initiatives geared towards achieving capital expenditure and operating expense savings, and a more streamlined architecture
- New handset launches
- LTE Advanced and carrier aggregation benefits
- The advent of 5G and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Continued effort made by carriers to combat the over the top (OTT) threat of nimbler startups
This briefing will offer a 360-degree perspective of these and other key issues, based on the feedback received in meetings held at MWC with more than 50 members of the entire mobile value chain. The webinar will provide key takeaways and emerging trends from these discussions, including conversations with mobile carriers, network equipment vendors and application developers from around the world. This session will benefit telecom infrastructure providers, application developers, value added services vendors, system integrators, handset and chipset manufacturers, and telecom operators.
"This year's MWC marked the advent of several new technologies, including software defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV), with several vendors demonstrating use cases and their solution portfolios at the show," according to Frost & Sullivan Director Ronald Gruia. "Furthermore, we also witnessed the kick-off of 5G research, with the launch of the European Union 5G Infrastructure private-public-partnership initiative and some interesting demos showcased by NTT DOCOMO. The overall mood at MWC was optimistic as capital expenditure (CAPEX) trends have stabilized and look favorable going forward as operators adopt 4G, VoLTE and LTE-A."
Join Frost & Sullivan's interactive Visionary IT portal for the latest Information and Communication Technologies research, insights and tools to make winning IT decisions. Visit: http://visionary-it.gilcommunity.com/
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan